Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Contract - Price Changes

• 24-05-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I realised the other day that UPC have changed their prices (bill is set up by direct debit, hadnt really paid attention to it). I havent been particularly happy with the service since I got it, have had issues with dropped connections, outages etc. When I realised they are now charging me more for the privelige, I decided I've had enough of them.

I looked up some old posts on here about being allowed exit my contract due to these price increases, however the expiry date for being allowed out has expired. I received no notification of the price increase, yet I'm now tied into it, is there anything I can do?

I called UPC, and as well as wanting a €100 cancellation fee, they also want 30 days notice, so €170 in total, I'm loathe to give it to them. Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement