Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinema - Ticket Offers

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone else had the same experience recently in Storm.

They have a big sign up saving that adult ticket prices are reduced by 20% during the day between 1 and 5pm.

So yesterday I went to see POTC 4 at 1pm & was charged the full €7.80 and when I said to the girl she said oh that is not coming up on system and she could do nothing.

It seems to have to ask for the 20% or else they do not give it which I think it totally unfair and basicallly if you did not take any notice of the sign on window you would not have a clue.
    Same as they have reduction's on ticket prices for films showing before 1pm but yet they is rarely a film on before 1pm

Have to say I am a fan of the cinema and have never had a complaint about them but over this I have to say I am slightly annoyed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Well seeing as the film started at 1pm, I can only guess you paid for the ticket before 1pm and were charged normal price.

That being said, I would've simply, asked for the manager or supervisor there. From experience they'd get it sorted out no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Well seeing as the film started at 1pm, I can only guess you paid for the ticket before 1pm and were charged normal price.

That being said, I would've simply, asked for the manager or supervisor there. From experience they'd get it sorted out no problem.

I never though of that. :o That is a little bit of a cheat as it is for films from 1pm to 5pm and as I got ticket at 12.55pm. All in the wording I suppose and they really should be clear that it is for tickets bought after 1pm not for films from 1pm till 5pm.

I just left it as film was starting and did not want alot hassle for €1.50+. Though next time will wait till after 1pm and miss ad's / trailers to get discount. Savings better in my pocket than their's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

shower of robbing fookers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

They have a big sign up saving that adult ticket prices are reduced by 20% during the day between 1 and 5pm.

It seems to have to ask for the 20% or else they do not give it which I think it totally unfair and basicallly if you did not take any notice of the sign on window you would not have a clue.
    Same as they have reduction's on ticket prices for films showing before 1pm but yet they is rarely a film on before 1pm

Off peak time, i.e. before 5pm the tickets are 20% cheaper than after 5pm, all shows are €6.00 before 1pm, this would be applicable on Saturday and Sunday, also on early openings during the summer.

Just like to add, the time of the show is what's relevant to the price, i.e. a film at 12:55 would be €6.00 1:05 would be €7.80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    Off peak time, i.e. before 5pm the tickets are 20% cheaper than after 5pm, all shows are €6.00 before 1pm, this would be applicable on Saturday and Sunday, also on early openings during the summer.

Just like to add, the time of the show is what's relevant to the price, i.e. a film at 12:55 would be €6.00 1:05 would be €7.80

I have yet to be charged the €6 or what ever the price is for films before 5pm and I have been down twice when this offer was running. Small print also does not specify it is for Sat or Sun only but all week.

I understand it is all in the wording but basically some going to a film at 1pm who obviously is going to arrive 5 mins beofre film starts gets charged the full price while a later comer get the reduction is a bit mean. If you are getting a ticket for a film which starts at 1pm you should get reduced price as the film time is under the offer.

I be going to cinema this week so will see if the 20% is applied.

• Advertisement

I understand it is all in the wording but basically some going to a film at 1pm who obviously is going to arrive 5 mins beofre film starts gets charged the full price while a later comer get the reduction is a bit mean. If you are getting a ticket for a film which starts at 1pm you should get reduced price as the film time is under the offer.

I would just like to confirm, all the ticket prices are set on the system based on the time of the show, for example, if you see a film scheduled at 12.30 it will be €6.00, if you see a film scheduled at 1.20 it will be €7.80 (off peak adult price) if you see a 3D film, there is a €1.70 upgrade fee that's separate. the tickets are priced based on the time the film starts and not when you purchase them.

Can you give me an example where this happened
    who obviously is going to arrive 5 mins beofre film starts gets charged the full price while a later comer get the reduction is a bit mean.

I'm afraid you are mistaken, that cannot be the case. As I said the price of the tickets is based on the starting time of the film and not when the tickets have been bought :)

There is always a supervisor on, and are more than happy to help or explain any confusion or misconception, all you have to do is ask.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

On a side note, 3D is pointless imo. Bring back the free glasses, its just adding to the already expensive visit to the cinema :P

Sully wrote: »
    On a side note, 3D is pointless imo.

Most would agree with you, most 3D films are converted from 2D to 3D so they can get the extra ticket price. Kids films are more commonly the best to take advantage of 3D.

I've enjoyed Coraline, Monsters Vs Aliens, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. The Lion King is being converted to 3D also Beauty and the beast, Avatar also used 3D which I enjoyed. It's a novelty, much like the 3DTV's imo.

Some films are exclusively only for 3D also,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

On a side note, 3D is pointless imo. Bring back the free glasses, its just adding to the already expensive visit to the cinema :P

I agree 3D is a bit pointless. But why didn't you just keep the old glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

3D was breathtaking in Avatar and made a very poor film enjoyable but apart from that and strangely Jackass 3 I haven't seen it used to enhance a film only as been mentioned put on a film shot in 2D to increase the ticket sales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dayshah wrote: »
    I agree 3D is a bit pointless. But why didn't you just keep the old glasses?

Ah I keep forgetting them lol. Went in at the spur of the moment to see Pirates movie the other day and had to pay extra for 3D and the glasses. Bah.

I like the premier seats if its busy and your with someone else, guaranteed a decent seat together. :) But a lot of people use the seats without a valid ticket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

3D has worked really well on alot of films, POTC being the most recent.

On another side note, anyone else notice that the "medium" popcorn is now the "large" without any price change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I like the premier seats if its busy and your with someone else, guaranteed a decent seat together. :) But a lot of people use the seats without a valid ticket anyway.

I never watched a film in the seats. But once I turned up about 20min before a film, and there was no-one around (except my friends), so I decided to give it a go for a few minutes.

Now that's living :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

On another side note, anyone else notice that the "medium" popcorn is now the "large" without any price change?

You are probably being given a combo deal so getting a large works out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

JPA wrote: »
    You are probably being given a combo deal so getting a large works out better.
    No he means when you pay for a Large Combo now, you're getting what used to be the Medium sized combo bag. You're paying the same large combo price, but they've replaced the large bag with the medium bag. They've made the bags smaller by about 1/3. Gave out about it the second I spotted and all the poor guy could say was "It's bollocks I agree, but we can't do anything about it." :/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Went in their tonight as they are running an offer of €5 for any 2d film. Well the place was only packed solid. All films bar life of pi 3d was full. I've never seen so many people in there. It would make you wonder why they don't charge €5 every night and have the place constantly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I have to say the 5 euro deal is great but the one problem i have is the ignorance of people (espically the snobs that are in for Les Mis and them kind of movies) towards the staff.

Im not saying all high class people going to the cinema are snobs but some of them need a kick up in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I go to the cinema a fair bit and have been in for the "fiver Wednesday" deal a good few times. It's always manic. You absolutely have to book in advance. I booked tickets for Wednesday's show of Django Unchained last Thursday. Doing the same for Zero Dark Thirty.

My only problem with it is that it seems to bring some people who don't care for being the cinema out - constant talking and checking Facebook on phones. It happens anyway but seems to be more so when it's only costing someone a fiver to go.

It is a great deal though.

Advertisement