Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardhu Bar - kitchen closed?

• 24-05-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

The Ardhu Bar was doing great food for both lunch and dinner but a sign on the door says no food from May 16th until further notice. Sounds ominous?

Anyone know if it's temporary or permanent-temporary?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Osk wrote: »
    The Ardhu Bar was doing great food for both lunch and dinner but a sign on the door says no food from May 16th until further notice. Sounds ominous?

Anyone know if it's temporary or permanent-temporary?

Pretty sure its not temporary for the company in there at the moment. Been hearing it for the last few weeks they are pulling out. It doesn't mean though that someone else isn't going in there.

Its a pity they pulled out because I like the food in there and it was reasonable.

The BBQ this Saturday is the job though :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They are having a big BBQ on Saturday ahead of the Munster match so I would assume it's temporary, as this is speculation on a business I am going to lock this thread

http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?rowid=58445

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have opened this again (at the Ops request), please note however that we're not talking the whole business just seems to be the dining part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Thanks Clareman, I didn't mean thread to be a negative speculation. Genuinely wondering about food side of the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

Food side was rented out to a 3rd party, not making any money from what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BobMc wrote: »
    Food side was rented out to a 3rd party, not making any money from what I heard

Let's do coffee guy in Roxborough was running the kitchen.

I'm not sure about the Munster thing this Saturday. As it is a BBQ it will likely have nothing to do with the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Berty wrote: »
    Let's do coffee guy in Roxborough was running the kitchen.

I'm not sure about the Munster thing this Saturday. As it is a BBQ it will likely have nothing to do with the kitchen.

Ya Bobby is his name. Drives the Paddy Dooley catering van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

the food section has gone out to tender for someone to operate it was in the leader or post last week, used to love the burger !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Pity that guy wasn't able to stay viable. His lunches were always great - piping hot and tasty and great value. I hope a new operator comes along soon.

There are very few places for hot food on the North side of town so it would be nice not to lose the Ardhu carvery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Hope it gets sorted. Love going to the Ardhu for a dinner and watch a game. Great relaxing place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

too hard to make money on food alone if your not getting a cut from the drinks tab

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

The Sunday carvery was always good quality and great value for money. I will be there on Saturday for both games and will ask the lads behind the bar for an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

the carvery will be back on friday & food will be available everyday again they had signs up in the bar today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

:D:D:D

Advertisement