Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe des Irlandais?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone know if this restaurant on Georges St has closed down? I bought a city deal voucher for it a little while back and when I went to make a reservation I was unable to get through over a number of days. Now when I phone I get a message from Eircom says the number is out of service. So I'm starting to think they are gone... just wanted to check to see if anyone knows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw a few posts on Twitter a while back that it had closed, but I haven't received any definite confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Yeah someone told me it's closed down. The Matchbox Theatre below it was great. 'Tis a pity it only lasted a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your CityDeal vouchers at Le Café des Irlandais. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this partner is no longer able to accept customers so we’ve been working hard to find an alternative partner.
    We’re pleased to confirm that the new partner is The Harbourmaster where you’ll be able to redeem your vouchers for Le Café des Irlandais instead. Please note that there are some changes to the deal offered:
    ·******** Valid for 2 main courses and 2 glasses of house wine (value €48.40)
    ·******** Price based on lamb (€18.95) and house wine (€5.25)
    ·******** €4 supplement for rib-eye steaks
    ·******** Food to be order from the a la carte menu only – available from 5pm onwards
    ·******** Menu available at: www.harbourmaster.ie/intl/en/food.php
    ·******** By agreeing to redeem your voucher at The Harbourmaster CityDeal will credit your account with €5 – you will be credited only once you have redeemed your voucher

It couldn’t be easier to make a booking. Simply call: 01 6701688 quoting your voucher and security codes and they’ll happily schedule you in. Advanced booking is essential and subject to availability. To help with your booking please find times your voucher is valid:
    ·******** Monday-Wednesday: 5pm-8.30pm
    ·******** Thursday-Friday: 5pm-9pm
    ·******** Saturday: 5pm-8.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Thanks for that. Kept meaning to contact citydeal to see what the story was. Dont fancy the harbourmaster though, so think I'll ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that I have a voucher from Living Social. Must get in touch with them.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Are they really closed down? I walked by yesterday and saw a sign that just said they were closed temporarily while preparing for a production of some sort! Was that an old sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I was in there in January - Have to say we thought the meal was disgusting. Feel sick now even thinking about it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Sadly closed, how I loved their roast duck, lovely red wines and low prices.... they were my alternative to Gruel when it closed.. where do I go now? L'gueleton except is still a bit pricey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Trying to redeem a voucher just now.

Very annoyed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They sent around an email saying somebody else would honour it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement