Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pampers Baby Dry/Simply Dry

• 24-05-2011 2:35pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the difference is between these two other than the price? I've noticed the Simply Dry are a good bit cheaper but they seem to do the same job :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I had to stop using Simply Dry as they were causing bad rashes on my son's skin. Apparantly, this is a common problem with them.

I now use Tesco brand nappies and they are far better, imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The baby wipes were so bad we never tried the nappies.

I think they are just their cheaper product.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sun child

We use both. I have never had a problem with the simply dry. They are cheaper so I use them during the day and the baby dry at night. Never had a rash and we have been using them for about 4 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The seem a lot more flimsey than the baby dry...

I also use tesco own brand (the green ones) on both girls and they're great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Anytime I've used the Simply Dry my lad has leaked and oozed everywhere. I found them useless. Baby Dry were good, we're onto Activefit now and sometimes use the Aldi ones if funds are tight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think I'm going to give the Lidl ones a go.. The Simply Dry are grand for during the day but I've been changing a lot of wet onesies during the night lately :( I was talking to my Sister earlier (Mother of 5) and she swears by the Lidl ones.. I think I've been a bit of a 'brand snob' up til now when it comes to baby products.. but getting more open minded..

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I love the Simply dry ones, on to the 4+ now and still no leaks / rashes. Hated the wipes though, but I like Huggies ones, they are just wet enough to lift ....am dirt!

Tried size 3 lidl, after a few minutes she looked like MC Hammer, the nappie was 4 times the size! Only used the one single nappy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i use pampers during the day and lidl at night. I am a brand snob as well but seen so many good reviews about the nappies. I think they are crazy big looking when little bit wet so thats why i use pampers also i had bought loads before on offer. The lidl ones are great for at night as it holds in all her pee, i was finding her vests a bit damp with the pampers. Ran out of the lidl ones so waiting on another offer but i find if i use the next size up at night its able to hold more pee and no damp vest

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

The difference is in the padding...Baby dry has thicker padding than the simply dry. I hated the baby dry as the padding was too thick, and when it got wet it seperated and broke up into chunks a bit?

I've honestly never had a problem with the simply dry ones, other than a few times where the small girl peed a LOT during hte night and leaked a bit. Other than the odd occasion where that happens I've found them very reliable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

hacked wrote: »
    The difference is in the padding...Baby dry has thicker padding than the simply dry. I hated the baby dry as the padding was too thick, and when it got wet it seperated and broke up into chunks a bit?

I've honestly never had a problem with the simply dry ones, other than a few times where the small girl peed a LOT during hte night and leaked a bit. Other than the odd occasion where that happens I've found them very reliable.

Yeah I would see the 'less padding' as a plus aswel.. the Baby Dry, while obviously more expensive for a reason, were very bulky.. I'm still on the Simply Dry but I keep meaning to tip down to Lidl and invest in a pack of theirs.. I will report back when I do :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

xzanti wrote: »
    Yeah I would see the 'less padding' as a plus aswel.. the Baby Dry, while obviously more expensive for a reason, were very bulky.. I'm still on the Simply Dry but I keep meaning to tip down to Lidl and invest in a pack of theirs.. I will report back when I do :)

You should go this week, 2 packs for €10!

Advertisement