Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pto covers on tractors

• 24-05-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

bought a s/h tractor a few weeks ago from a main dealer it has front linkage and pto on it,,, my problem is the cover is missing off the front pto and i told the dealer to stick a new one on it just to have things in order,, so to my suprise 2 weeks later still no cover put on it,, have rang him a good few times at this stage but just keep gettin fobbed off,,, am i wrong to be insisting he should put a new one on it or should i just collect the tractor and forget about it and put one on myself.... maybe im makin a mountain out of a molehill i dont no,, just think a main dealer should be responsible for these things.... any views most welcome....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

caseih wrote: »
    bought a s/h tractor a few weeks ago from a main dealer it has front linkage and pto on it,,, my problem is the cover is missing off the front pto and i told the dealer to stick a new one on it just to have things in order,, so to my suprise 2 weeks later still no cover put on it,, have rang him a good few times at this stage but just keep gettin fobbed off,,, am i wrong to be insisting he should put a new one on it or should i just collect the tractor and forget about it and put one on myself.... maybe im makin a mountain out of a molehill i dont no,, just think a main dealer should be responsible for these things.... any views most welcome....

have you done the deal fully yet, if not let the fecker fix it up right before you pay him, if you have paid him already id say its a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 caseih

yeah deal done and hes paid 3 weeks for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

caseih wrote: »
    yeah deal done and hes paid 3 weeks for it....

jesus id be more worried about getting tractor then pto cover, whats the hold up

im just been thick headed about it,,, and dont want lettin him away with it..... i'll give in this week cos i need the tractor.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'd be posing him the question of liability... Essentially he's letting out a piece of machinery without the basic safety covers being in place, if you were to use it as is and god forbid there was an accident, would their be any liability on his behalf..
    Other industry sectors would take this approach...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

bbam wrote: »
    I'd be posing him the question of liability... Essentially he's letting out a piece of machinery without the basic safety covers being in place, if you were to use it as is and god forbid there was an accident, would their be any liability on his behalf..

How? If he's using the pto then the cover would be off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I would collect tractor and order a pto cover from one of the lads in the store
    when you collect it tell them it was included in deal for tractor and you will stick it on yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

pajero12 wrote: »
    How? If he's using the pto then the cover would be off?

But could accidently turn on, or leave on the PTO, with the cover off!
    Then if tractor had been supplied without a cover in the first place ......

bbam wrote: »
    thats what i thought its an health and safety issue,,, kinda suprised at him not bothering to put one on it,,, i work on my own and do be tryin to keep safety first as all my other pto driven machinery have covers on them....

Advertisement