Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge airtricity bills

Options
  • 24-05-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, recently we switched over to Airtricity from board gais.

Originally when the rep called i sat him down and I went through all the tarriffs and charges for quite a while. I understand that airtricity have a slighly higher standing charge than board gais, but had a cheaper tarriff (20% on the package we signed up for). We have received 2 bills so far which work out nearly double what we were paying with board gais even though airtricity are supposed to be 20% cheaper.

We submitted readings for both bills.

It just doesn't add up

I just got the second bill this morning when i logged into my airtricity account and it displays how much the bill is, but when i click the PDF icon to view the bill, it says "not currently available"

I plan on ringing them later today

Anyone else have any issues with their airtricity bills?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's simple maths. How many units did you use, multplied by the Unit Cost , plus the Standing Charge. Did you consume the same units as previously? Are the units charged correct? If still double, then you have been had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I got my Airtricity bill today-617 euro!! 150 is part of the bill I got in April. I couldn't understand why it was so expensive until I looked and saw that the gas bill is for 3 months and the electricity for 2 months. The DD is due 30th may. Not a chance I can pay that and not be beggared for the month. I plan to ring them and ask to pay 250 or if that doesn't work then cancel the DD. I only have 2 months left of my contract left and will be changing supplier one way or the other afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

It's simple maths. How many units did you use, multplied by the Unit Cost , plus the Standing Charge. Did you consume the same units as previously? Are the units charged correct? If still double, then you have been had.

Simple maths isnt always the answer, it's quite feasible someone made a mistake. It has happened to me before with Airtricity.

Yes, but if the reading is correct and the units used are correct, as well as the unit rate and standing charge, then the bill is correct. If any of them are wrong then it's a mistake. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi folks, recently we switched over to Airtricity from board gais.

Originally when the rep called i sat him down and I went through all the tarriffs and charges for quite a while. I understand that airtricity have a slighly higher standing charge than board gais, but had a cheaper tarriff (20% on the package we signed up for). We have received 2 bills so far which work out nearly double what we were paying with board gais even though airtricity are supposed to be 20% cheaper.

We submitted readings for both bills.

It just doesn't add up

I just got the second bill this morning when i logged into my airtricity account and it displays how much the bill is, but when i click the PDF icon to view the bill, it says "not currently available"

I plan on ringing them later today

Anyone else have any issues with their airtricity bills?

Cheers
    You submitted readings, have you checked that they actually used your readings? They may have estimated your bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You submitted readings, have you checked that they actually used your readings? They may have estimated your bill.

Thats a good point, you should ask if they have the same numbers.

:rolleyes:
    Thats a good point, you should ask if they have the same numbers.

:rolleyes: That's what I've been saying! :rolleyes:

Are the Readings and Units right!!!!

Advertisement