Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaway/chipper in Co Cork?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'll start the ball rolling. Daniel's in Kanturk or maybe Debarras in Blarney. Discuss...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mossie

antlyn wrote: »
    I'll start the ball rolling. Daniel's in Kanturk or maybe Debarras in Blarney. Discuss...............

Daniels have great chips OK. Don't know DeBarras, theres a place in Cokr Blarney Street or Shandon Street can't remember that's pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Best Takeaway is KCs in Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

anyone eaten at the indian place in midleton near supervalu, right beside the offie? grabbed a menu from there the other day and they have butter chicken.....mmmmm butter chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

antlyn wrote: »

Debarras in Blarnry is very nice. Daniels in Kanturk is awful and they always get the order wrong because no of them speak proper english. The new take away on Church street is very nice. Its called Jimmy dees.

Dante Pizza(the kentucky) in Mallow is very nice too.

FYI dont ever stop in Millstreet all the takeaways there are horrible.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Debarras in Blarnry is very nice. Daniels in Kanturk is awful and they always get the order wrong because no of them speak proper english. The new take away on Church street is very nice. Its called Jimmy dees.

Dante Pizza(the kentucky) in Mallow is very nice too.

FYI dont ever stop in Millstreet all the takeaways there are horrible.

Never had a problem with orders in Daniels and no problem with the food. Jimmy Dees seems to be just another tasteless frozen chips chipper from the two occasions I've eaten there

• Advertisement

mossie wrote: »
    Never had a problem with orders in Daniels and no problem with the food. Jimmy Dees seems to be just another tasteless frozen chips chipper from the two occasions I've eaten there

TBH I havent been in Daniels in months but I went to Jimmy Dees earlier and it was pure dung. Exactly as you described..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Bring back Mattie Kiely, spotted him last week eating in the Luyan in Douglas , brought back memories as a young lad having the banter with Matty over greasy chips and burgers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭wee bey

O Connels take away in Coachford is bloody fine. Chips are gprgeous and the fresh fish is savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 morra31

in my mind it would have to be lennox's in barracks street. huge portions and lovely chips and everything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Gills in Cobh or that Chipper in Midleton that opens at random hours (If its even still there :L:pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Seloth wrote: »
    Gills in Cobh or that Chipper in Midleton that opens at random hours (If its even still there :L:pac:)

Yeah it's still there, it's called Ceohanes or Cahanes. Very nice. No fancy stuff, just chips, chicken, fish and sausages and potatoe pies.

My favourite has to be Denny's near the Supervalue in Glanmire.
    Lovely chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

I'll second that for Denny's.. savage food, service and value.... curry cheese chip is the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

randofmact wrote: »
    I'll second that for Denny's.. savage food, service and value.... curry cheese chip is the dogs

Hello Mr. Denny, any chance of a discount for me for plugging your chipper ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

Satts wrote: »
    Hello Mr. Denny, any chance of a discount for me for plugging your chipper ? :D
    No bother sir, just go to my establishment and tell Maggie i sent ya :) free curry chip with promo code free4one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eire abu

I tried Jimmy dees a few months ago and will go to no other chipper now. The food is fantastic, it's an original traditional Irish chipper with the best real freshly cut chips and superb food. The place is spotlessly clean and with the tables and seating they have it's a perfect place to bring my kids they love it, my daughter is 10 in July and that's where she is having her party. Fair play to Jimmy Dees they have really raised the bar for chippers and given the people of Kanturk a proper service we deserve at last. :)

Eire abu wrote: »
    I tried Jimmy dees a few months ago and will go to no other chipper now. The food is fantastic, it's an original traditional Irish chipper with the best real freshly cut chips and superb food. The place is spotlessly clean and with the tables and seating they have it's a perfect place to bring my kids they love it, my daughter is 10 in July and that's where she is having her party. Fair play to Jimmy Dees they have really raised the bar for chippers and given the people of Kanturk a proper service we deserve at last. :)

Must have changed so. I was there twice and both times was frozen chips. I'm not a big chip eater but when I do it must be fresh cut and that put me off. Must try again sometime see the change.

Must have changed so. I was there twice and both times was frozen chips. I'm not a big chip eater but when I do it must be fresh cut and that put me off. Must try again sometime see the change.

They have not Mossie. I got chips last week and they were reheated I also got a Pizza which was cold in the middle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Dennys in Glanmire , the small chips are great value

They have not Mossie. I got chips last week and they were reheated I also got a Pizza which was cold in the middle.

That is pretty much in line with my experiences and with what I've heard from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dinos in Douglas are always nice. Their food is always hot unlike other chippers that I have gone to. They also give up plenty so no worries of being left hungry!

• Advertisement

That is pretty much in line with my experiences and with what I've heard from others.

It was lovley at the start. I suppose its like everything else good at the start and then it goes down hill. I cannot see them lasting as their is way too many chippers in Kanturk.

What about Chicken Lover????:D:D You would want to be a braave man to sample that if it ever reopens..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kilmoveekid

how has noone included the wimpy in fermoy? thats what they all rave about in that town. saying that Enzos is even better, after opening another shop down by centra, not sure if the one at the top of town has closed or not. mighty friday evening grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

how has noone included the wimpy in fermoy? thats what they all rave about in that town. saying that Enzos is even better, after opening another shop down by centra, not sure if the one at the top of town has closed or not. mighty friday evening grub!

I stopped there once before. I thought it was revolting. The chips were soggy and the SFC was revolting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

went to the new enzos last sunday got a lunch box, a kango would have been handy the chicken was tough as old boots, the original enzos is now called sharons, the woman that took it over owns abrakebabra in wilton, my friend tried it and said the food was brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

There used to be a mobile chipper in Kilbrin near Kanturk a few years ago excellent food cleanest mobile chipper I've ever seen. I think it was called Danny's takeaway. I have not seen it in a while any body know where they are gone?

It was lovley at the start. I suppose its like everything else good at the start and then it goes down hill. I cannot see them lasting as their is way too many chippers in Kanturk.

What about Chicken Lover????:D:D You would want to be a braave man to sample that if it ever reopens..

I ate there once just after it opened first, chicken was good, chips dire. Couldn't imagine trying it again after closing and reopening though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shottle

KC's in Douglas or Lennox's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

answering my own post above, i can confirm the shikhar indian takeaway in middleton is bleedin delish. i'm 4 for 4 with everything i've ordered over the last month (the butter chicken is lovely) decent portions and not too expensive.

and no, i dont work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

The Courthouse Take away Bandon. Fresh fish from Union Hall, not ya stuff out of the fridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

DanWall wrote: »
    The Courthouse Take away Bandon. Fresh fish from Union Hall, not ya stuff out of the fridge

Yeah i heard about the courthouse takeaway on the radio one day. they got an award for best fish and chips in Cork. Savage grub. Oh and the onion rings are freshly battered for ya just like the fish, they are gorge too :p

Advertisement