Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple windows Opening on 1 Click -Spyware/Virus?

• 24-05-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi folks,

I wonder if you can help me. I have an HP laptop with window vista OS. In recent days, if I click once on any icon or browser, it opens multiple windows (sometimes as many as 15). It doesn't redirect me to a new website as I know a spyware would, but it has been a pest to say the least. Also I can not highlight words separately on web pages, it automatically highlights like a few lines by itself. Also if i try to close a few of the windows it closes down the rest of the windows including the one am working on. I have always had Norton all-in-1 antivirus on my system. I have recently upgraded my subscription. I ran several scans and it keeps saying no threat found. Yet I know there's still something wrong with the laptop.

I use both IE and Google chrome and it is the same problem for both browsers. Also if i click some icons on y dsktop they open the file in many windows. Is this a virus/spyware/malware or is something else wrong with my laptop?

Thanks for helping folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Download Spybot search and destroy or malwarebytes do an update and scan, should sort out your problems.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ssa2010

uch wrote: »
    Download Spybot search and destroy or malwarebytes do an update and scan, should sort out your problems.

Will do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Replace Spybot with SuperAntispyware free

Spybot S&D is muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

T0mmyM wrote: »
    Replace Spybot with SuperAntispyware free

Spybot S&D is muck

That's a matter of opinion, and Spybot S&D is also free

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Yes, but test results and reviews speak for themselves. Supersantispyware is also losing pace, but it's still better in my opinion.

MalwareBytes should be all that's needed anyway.

I would recommend Hitman Pro, but not for a novice user, as it generates quite alot of false positives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement