Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adding a second sky plus box

• 24-05-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

i have sky + hd downstairs and multiroom upstairs basic sky box

can i swap the basic box for sky + box that i have if i run an additional wire to it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, you will have to ring sky and get them to pair your multi-room card with the new sky+ box, to activate the recording/live pause facilities. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Is there any extra charge for adding the 2nd plus box or will they just pair the box without question ........ Also I dont have a phoneline connected to the boxes as I kno I'm supposed too will they work this out if I ring them to pair the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Is there any extra charge for adding the 2nd plus box or will they just pair the box without question ........ Also I dont have a phoneline connected to the boxes as I kno I'm supposed too will they work this out if I ring them to pair the box

No charge - yes you're likely to get grief when you ring about the lack of a phone line. _Might_ be worth hooking up the phone lines and triggering a call back before you ring Sky.....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    No charge - yes you're likely to get grief when you ring about the lack of a phone line. _Might_ be worth hooking up the phone lines and triggering a call back before you ring Sky.....

Paddy

dont have a phone at the minute any other options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Nope needs an active phoneline to both boxes,

how have you got multiroom ? are you paying for it , ?
    or do you mean that you have the free channels in the other room? if thats the case you wont be able to record etc on the second sky+box.

Advertisement