Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire to the UK

Options
  • 24-05-2011 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

Me and four mates are traveling over to Glastonbury next month and due to the amount of stuff we are looking to bring (tents, gazebo, food, drink etc) we are looking to hire a car instead of flying to Bristol and driving down from there.

From what I could discover it appears that only Hertz provide a service that allows you to hire a car in Ireland, drive it to the UK and back again. Am I wrong? Hertz do not have an estate range which be ideal for us. There large saloons wouldn't have enough boot room for us and the there is a big jump in price between saloon and MPV.

Has anyone done this before with a company besides Hertz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

im not sure who else dose it, best to call any of them that have offices in both irl and uk id say any of them that have offices in both wont mind etc,

best bets would be avis, budget.ie , and i think enterprise.ie car rental are also in uk!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

To be honest I wasn't aware of any company that allowed you to take a car to mainland Britain. I hope you get a positive reply !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 marty30

I know Enterprise allow you to bring car a from the UK to Ireland so it might be worth ringing your nearest Irish branch to see if they let you do it the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Is the OP going to even come back and post! would be good to find out if you got anywhere with the other crowds just for the next person!

Advertisement