Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drag Mountain Bikes

• 24-05-2011 5:34pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of Drag MTB's? Friend of mine wants to get a bike on the bike to work scheme and the fella in the shop was pushing them. Said they're pretty good and would be cheaper than name brands even with better parts. The bikes on their site look pretty decent but I can't find any reviews online or any online shops selling them. Any info would be appreciated thanks :)

Heres their site: http://www.dragbicycles.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Usual lo-mid spec bikes by the looks of it. How much is the one they're looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

ive not heard from there had a look at the link you posted tho that bike that you linked to dose not look good at all dont know the cost now mind you but over all, it has no shifters on the gears no disc brakes and a older and hevery frame.
    over all not a bike id buy but ill point out im saying this but dont know price but as spces go its a low end halfords set up for a bike! sry to say

other bikes on the site dont look 1/2 bad mind you some nice full sus there and some good hardtail dont know prices still tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

some of their dh bikes look pretty decent,but it just turns into BSO when u scroll across the range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Run a mile TBH. All style and no substance IMO, also the bikes they have on their main page aint good or decent. They are Low-Mid range MTB.

Unless they are under e350 I wouldnt bother.

Actually on closer look they aint as bad, but Id expect them to be quite cheap price wise. Id saty away from their cheaper stuff, they are nasty especially their FS.

Their bike with the gearbox looks fun, last one i saw was on a GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

They are made in Bulgaria by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Suntour forks would put me off to be honest... They're not the best from what I've heard. If he's looking to do proper off roading they wouldn't be recommended, The better parts doesn't seem to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

The cheap ones are cheap but no more so than other manufacturers similar level bikes although many brands don't seem to trawl the depths of entry level yokes that Drag and Raleigh seem to. The decent ones pretty fine in my opinion. I saw lots of them in Sofia when I was there and they really seemed fine to me.

I tihnk for all the other makes out there, theres no need to even look to get a "drag" bike! id stick to good makes allready here or if you looking at something cheaper halfords is the safe bet for anyone!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it was the ZX-2 he was lookin at. He more wants it for going to work and cycling around town but he said he wouldn't mind hitting the odd trail with me either. Think the bike was around the 300 mark.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it was the ZX-2 he was lookin at. He more wants it for going to work and cycling around town but he said he wouldn't mind hitting the odd trail with me either. Think the bike was around the 300 mark.
    i think u would find a better bike in halfords something like this -http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_786835_langId_-1_categoryId_212589
    is a much better bike and around same price

• Advertisement
Advertisement