Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car windscreen dirt

Options
  • 24-05-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Was it the storm are was it ash , My mate car windscreen was dirty yesterday ... samw with the windows in the house ? , just rub your finger across it , it black with some type of dirt ... but what is it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

We noticed this too yesterday.Quite a bit of it on the porch windows and the car windows. The last time I noticed something like that it was some sand (I think it was blowing in from the Sahara, somehow?). That time it was red though, this stuff is grey and dusty. Assuming it's ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

I'd say it was the storm, not ash. This happens after every storm.
    Just the dirt from the roads getting blown around with force.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Salt spray blown inland by the gales? Happens every time we get a big westerly...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

VOLCANIC ASH FOUND IN CONNEMARA ....
    story link
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/19604-volcanic-ash-found-connemara

Salt spray blown inland by the gales? Happens every time we get a big westerly... this was black sandy

thanks Zzippy

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

I noticed this last week on my car windscreen, before the volcano and the storm. I have no idea though what it is though. Probably just dust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement