Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Spokes - Fulcrum Racing 7's

• 24-05-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement (front) spokes for the Fulcrum Racing 7s (blew a couple out there at the weekend and can't seem to track them down on CRC or the usual suspects).

Also (this is my first time actually having to replace spokes) can you use different types of spokes to replace, ie mix different types on the same wheel?

If not, and a full replacement is needed, I welcome your recommendations for alternatives to the original spokes....

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

I have a spare fulcrum 7 front wheel in good condition that you can have for €35 it's a 2009 model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Opus_One wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement (front) spokes for the Fulcrum Racing 7s (blew a couple out there at the weekend and can't seem to track them down on CRC or the usual suspects).

Also (this is my first time actually having to replace spokes) can you use different types of spokes to replace, ie mix different types on the same wheel?

If not, and a full replacement is needed, I welcome your recommendations for alternatives to the original spokes....

Thanks!

Stagg cycles in Lucan are a fulcrum dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Opus_One

@ aidan.offbeat - Thanks - I'll get in touch with Stagg cycles and see what they come back with.

@xz - Cheers - I'll get back in touch if I can't sort out the spokes. Can you tell me where you are based? Is the wheel true? Any differences to the 2010 model that you know of?

Also, anyone any thoughts on simply using different spokes to replace the broken ones - will this make much/any difference to the wheel balance or performance?

(Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question to some of you - as I say, this is the first time I've had to replace spokes).

Appreciate your help!

I'm based southside, Ballybrack/Shankill, the wheel is true, I have it as the rear one was totalled in a crash, and I bought a set of 5's to replace.
    Have you tried The CycleSuperstore in Tallaght, they replaced a spoke for me on the rear wheel 18months ago.

I think the only differences are the graphics on the rims between 2009 and 2010 model

Thanks XZ. Sounds good - no too far from me at all.

I will get in touch with CycleSuperstore as well (where I bought the bike) and see what they say.

Incidentally - slightly off topic I know - how do you find your 5's versus the 7's?

• Advertisement

Other than the 5's having bladed spokes as opposed to rounded ones, Theres not any difference in my opinion, might be a slight weight difference, but as regards performance, I see no difference

I bought my 5's here http://www.jedi-sports.de/product_info.php/info/p2315_Fulcrum-Racing-5-2011.html, they were a fiver dearer when I bought them 3 months ago, and the P&P is only @ €7 as far as I remember, they took about 4 days to get here. Thats a saving of over €50 on the price in the CycleSuperstore

Thanks for the link XZ, I'll add the site to my growing list of cycle-related favourites! Will be in touch re: the wheel if I need it. Cheers!

Advertisement