Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Customers

Options
  • 24-05-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I posted something similar to this in the Vodafone thread last week, but the post disappeared from the first 3 pages in the space of an hour.....................................................needless to say, no one form Vodafone commented on it.

In fairness, VF do really lack in Plan options when it comes to bill pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Wow, for 35 that's ****. I got an 18 month with them for 45, 150 minutes, 150 texts and 2gb data a few months ago. I also see that they've introduced "thethering" charges for android phones now. Their pricing policies have gone crazy recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Maybe we should pass this on to the vodafone.ie forums???
    Might get some response there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Mantel wrote: »
    I also see that they've introduced "thethering" charges for android phones now. Their pricing policies have gone crazy recently.

I didn't think Android allowed them to tell the difference in how the data is being used.
    News to me - best check my bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I top up by €30 on vodafone and get free broadbrand for the month ,free 087 calls etc

The only restriction on the broadbrand is 50MB a day ,which suits me fine.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    free 087 calls etc

Careful with that assumption - not all 087 numbers are Vodafone therefore not all 087 calls are free :)

Isnt it 500MB for the month rather than 50MB per day?

Besides, i think the thread is aimed more at billpay customers as prepay doesnt seem to be doing to bad.
    Billpay customers seems to lose out on everything, including cherry points (im sure this could have been applied to billpay if Vodafone really wanted to) and the latest top up game they are running.

I feel cheated at times for signing a contract.

Careful with that assumption - not all 087 numbers are Vodafone therefore not all 087 calls are free :)

Isnt it 500MB for the month rather than 50MB per day?

I thought I read in their terms , fair usage of 50MB per day. I was on holidays when I read it ,so could be wrong:)

Edit: I'll never have a contract again with any operator ,if I can't afford a phone I just won't buy one.

• Advertisement

Right you are!

Thanks for the info ,it's not so good an offer for most I suppose. Suits me for emails and browsing ,sorry if I got anyones hopes up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I didn't think Android allowed them to tell the difference in how the data is being used.
    News to me - best check my bill

It can... and it can't. It really sounds like they using monitoring flags in whatever firmware they ship with the phone (so might mean custom Vodafone firmware, i.e. standard firmware with just a small tweak)

I was directed to http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?showtopic=7222
    That's not quite true - customers with certain phones are using a workaround to bypass (and likely breach) the TS and Cs of their contracts

So if your like me and got a contact before they went to clown town with their data rates, chances are it's not in your T&C's so your fine. I'm going to put words in their mouth and say that a workaround is either, installing software from the android market that allows you to create a wi-fi hotspot OR installing custom firmware. I started on a DTC Desire when android didn't have this feature but was later patched in.

The states have actually had this for awhile, some recentish news (more than a month ago) had one of the larger mobile networks there banning/hiding/filter-out the wifi hotspot aps while using the mobile data connection. The aps could still be installed if you accessed the market on a wifi connection though.

Cheers for the info...... good to know.

Yea i think my contract predates any changes......... also running custom ROM so no Vodafone flags thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Were already gone!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

I am proud to call myself an ex Vodafone customer now , Sometimes it is hard to believe that there can be such a big difference in prices. Moved to three and like someone else said on another thread, their website actually works ! Thanks Op

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm getting pretty sick of vodafone atm too.
    All I see is pre pay offers Cherry points and the like.
    I've been on bills for years and have got feck all.
    I have a business account with 2 numbers and as soon as my contract is up i'm off.

Up until recently I could get upgrades pushed through on the account early due to the amount I spend, now that's finished and I was told I have to wait the full 18 months. Despite the shop saying I should get it.
    They really have nothing to offer bill customers anymore and people should move ASAP.
    They prob just look at the amount of corporate accounts on billpay and dont bother with the personal / small business customer anymore. :(

Advertisement