Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PET INJURED ON OWN PROPERTY

• 24-05-2011 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All, My dog was run over in our driveway on our property. The individual came and told us. I have asked that they cover the vet bills. They are speaking to their head office as it happewned in their work vehicle performing their daily duties. Has this happened to anyone else? Do u knoe if and how we could claim against this business if they refuse to pay? My dog is home now as of yesterday, he is on the mend, thank God!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Hi JuniorKebab

Good God - thats awful! Glad to hear that the doggie is on the mend :)

I'm not sure about your question but I would suggest contacting either the citizens information or FLAC.

Citizens Information are really great for helping and answering any questions regarding your rights. I note that you're in Tipperary - here is the link to the citizens info page for centres in Tipp - just click on the one closest to you and it should give you contact details:
    http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/county.php?county=tipperary
    You can call in or ring them.

FLAC - Free Legal Advice Centre are also brilliant and do what they say - give free legal advice. FLAC offers first-stop legal information to the public via its telephone information and referral line. You can reach them on LoCall number - 1890 350 250 - and they will provide you with basic legal information on your query, refer you to one of their centres for advice or a more detailed consultation, or direct you on to a more suitable information provider where appropriate. The website is http://www.flac.ie/gethelp/

I hope the above helps! These people know their stuff and are the best to contact as I wouldn't have a notion as how to answer your query!!

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

As it happened in the course of business the Company's insurance will cover it. Also I suspect that they would not want any adverse publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Did he admit liability though? If it was the dog's fault (e.g. he came out of no where and ran in front of the van) I can't see him or his employer's insurance company stumping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JUNIORKEBAB

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE, I WILL TRY CITIZEN'S INFO IN THE MORNING. THE PERSON ADMITTED RESPONSIBILITY VERBALLY. U NEVER KNOW WHAT HER COMPANY MAKES HER SAY ONCE THEY KNOW U PLAN TO CLAIM COSTS. I PRAY THEY ARE INSURED OFR THIS KIND OF THING AND IT'S A SIMPLE CLAIM.
    THANK U ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Please come back and let us know, I'd be very interested to see how you get on.

Glad to know your dog is on the mend. Were the injuries serious? You must have had an awful fright, poor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

God that's awful! Hopefully you'll get it sorted hun, fingers crossed!

Advertisement