Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degree Show, Tuesday 31st May to Sat 4th June, Rua Red

• 24-05-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hey all. My year are holding their degree show in Ruared in Tallaght (last stop on the Red luas line) from Tuesday next to Sat, 10 - 6, with screenings at 3pm. Would be good to see some of you there if you're up that way. I'm invigilating on Tuesday from 10-2ish.. The press release doesn't mention it, but the photography section is pretty cool.. and there'll also be a dancing pirate ;)

Press Release:
    The graduating students of the Creative Digital Media programme at IT Tallaght are showcasing their work at RUA RED, South Dublin Arts Centre, Tallaght from Tuesday 31 May to Saturday 4 June.

The exhibition, which features an outstanding line up of film, photography, audio and multimedia productions will be open from 10am to 6pm, with video screenings hosted by students at 3pm daily.

This year’s showcase promises to be one of the most impressive ones to date with highlights including screenings of the short film Babes in Bits by Ciara Kennedy, winner of the 2011 Dare2BDrinkAware Media Awards, and runner up The Conversation by Sinead McDonald.

Another gem in the show is Rachel Hardiman’s documentary Roscommon Hero, winner of this year’s Smedia Award for Radio Documentary of the Year. Kevin O’Dowd’s short film Bad Reception, winner of a Best Short Film Award in the recent Noise Film Festival and shortlisted in the Oxygen Student Media Awards will also be screened throughout the week.

degreeshow.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

yay, go you! \o/

i'll be sure to drop by at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Awh that's fantastic - best of luck with the preparations!! Will try pop out, would love to see the work done! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would've loved to have gone along if I were in the same hemisphere.

Runner-up is pretty impressive! Well done. All those months of semi sobriety and poverty have paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Good luck Sinead, hope it goes well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

This is most worthwhile popping along to. Finishes tomorrow.

Sinead's portraits and VET project (which you can look at in full) really are very good and most worthy of the acclaim they are receiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I have to agree. Sinead's stuff is real standout. Brilliant photos and the Vet project is up there with the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Agree three - fantastic work on display - I especially love the large format portraits, really stand out pieces. The Vet project is so well done and the photobook on display is inspiring. Well done Sinead - looking forward to your next solo one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

*blush* thanks guys :)

Advertisement