Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary Star

• 24-05-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Stumbled across this and honestly is one of the best songs I ever heard.

However anyone know if they are any good in general, have any decent albums? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Binary Star are quality. They only really have one album Masters of the Universe which is basically a remix of an older album, but its a classic in my opinion.

Some of One Be Lo's solo stuff is great, and Decompoze who was involved in Masters of the Universe has a very underrated album called Decompozition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Cheers man.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thier first album is regarded as a classic by alot of people. And One Be Lo's solo stuff is supposed to be real nice. I've only heard bits and pieces of it but it seems decent.

On a personal note, I have a bit of a beef with Binary Star as one of them interferred with an ex of mine years ago :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »

On a personal note, I have a bit of a beef with Binary Star as one of them interferred with an ex of mine years ago :)

Surely you should also have a sense of self satisfication that your girlfreind at the time got pulled by a class rapper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Seriously? That's weird because I went to see a gig in The Village back in 2008 where Percee P, Guilty Simpson & One Be Lo were playing and when they were mixing with the crowd throughout the gig, One Be Lo was coming on really strong with my mates gf, he even invited her back to his hotel to 'party'. Cheeky fúcker! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a bit of a long story, I used to "go steady" with a girl from Michigan, we had a long distance openish relationship and she met one of them (she didnt remember his name) at some re-union function or something in Kalamazoo (it's a real place). She just remembered he was from Binary Star and if I ever heard of them, she wasnt really into hip hop.
    But I got my revenge with someone more famous, but that's a tale for another time.

Who raps the first verse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Who raps the first verse?

One Be Lo.

Advertisement