Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody looking to rent a server?

• 24-05-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I have a server now with Powell servers for about 2 weeks now. I was with servercraft but they were a DISASTER . Always lagging and crashing. Then i went with Powell and everything was sorted. They do everything for u , plugins fixing things etc.. Their servers are lag free for me :) and all my friends :) Im on the 512mb with bout 10 plugins and regularly about 8 users and it never lags or crashes :D The server took a few hours to set up but it was worth it. Its cheap as well . Im paying bout €5.50 a month which is good :D I was annoyed at times with the live support tho as they only come on around 7 o clock in the evening which is manageable for some but not for me :@ Anyway anyone thinking of renting a server go to them :D Here is their forum http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/322694-powell-servers-bargain-hosting-reliable-support-new-promo/ mostly good reviews :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aye there's a lot of dodgy VPS sellers out there, Tal and myself went through a few hoops a few months back to sort it out.

You gonna tell us the IP or what :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Aye there's a lot of dodgy VPS sellers out there, Tal and myself went through a few hoops a few months back to sort it out.

You gonna tell us the IP or what :pac:

And who did ye end up going with?

Amm its private at the minute but if you want to try it out cherry i can PM you the ip ?. :)

Its pretty full. 30 people are currently whitelisted but the most that have been connected at once is about 8 . Im in a school Minecraft obsessed :L

I can let people on momentarily to try it out . Just PM me and il PM you the IP :)
    I will make it public eventually ... over the summer sometime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Nevermind all that . Got this email this morning:

Hello Powell Servers Customers,
    We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be offering services after May 31, 2011.

What does this mean for you the customer?
    After you’re service ends on its due date, you’re server will be taken down for good, You will not lose access to the server until the due date so don’t worry.

If we are new do you offer refunds?
    No, we do not offer refunds at anytime for any reason, no matter what it may be.

Thanks for understanding,
    Powell Servers

:@ im going to have to find a new server :( any suggestions?? :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Awh man that sucks :( That was a really good rate you had too. Very short notice

Backup your files so you can use them when you get a new host

Advertisement