Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASG KWA MP9 - Cocking Handle

• 24-05-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just unboxed a new ASG MP9 and within seconds the cocking handle failed. I have a feeling it was possibly cracked to begin with as it was very stiff to draw back.

I have one piece of the handle and I'm fairly sure the other end is still in there. With that in mind I'd like to have a go at a repair, and possibly get a metal cocking handle fabricated.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a repair manual or a site that would have some diagrams? I'm not looking for a repair shop at the moment.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

if you have a waranty on it you should be able to get it fixed free of charge espacialy if it came out of the box like that also ive heard but cant swear by, meckbox.com is a good site for strip downs and assembely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks FUBAR. I managed to find a exploded diagram and did a field strip. The charging (cocking) handle is actually made of plastic, which was fairly surprising given most of the gun is made of robust plastic and mainly metal.

I've emailed a few suppliers for the part. I'm going to try get a metal version fabricated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

I thought that part was metal lol well ow I know wher did you get this Mp9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Same thing happened to me this evening at The Hive. Charger handle basically came off in my hand. Know this is an old thread but don't suppose you managed to locate/fabricate a replacement Ironclaw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Same thing happened to me this evening at The Hive. Charger handle basically came off in my hand. Know this is an old thread but don't suppose you managed to locate/fabricate a replacement Ironclaw?

I actually managed to get a pair of replacements. I'll check when I get home if I still have the other (Fairly sure its in the box)

Failing that, I got them from an Irish supplier. Again, I can't be certain of the name but I'll let you know!

EDIT: Was AirsoftEire.com who supplied the replacements.

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »

I actually managed to get a pair of replacements. I'll check when I get home if I still have the other (Fairly sure its in the box)

Failing that, I got them from an Irish supplier. Again, I can't be certain of the name but I'll let you know!

EDIT: Was AirsoftEire.com who supplied the replacements.
    Thanks very much for getting back to me. If you have a spare one I will take it off you for whatever you payed for it.
    Again really appreciate the reply

Was on to AirsoftEire.ie as you advised ironclaw explaining my prediciment. Steve replied almost immediately to ask my address so he could post me a new one. No mention of a charge even for postage just "whats your address?" and "you should have that in the morning"
    Am so relieved as I was worried I would be unable to locate the part not to mention what it would cost/when I would have it.
    Now to swot up on fitting it when it arrives :)

Got my charging handle friday and Chris from M.I.A was kind enough to fit it for me saturday. To anyone interested its quite easy to do when your watching someone who knows what they are about do it :)
    Thanks again to Steve for getting back to me so quick and delivering on a promise he dodn't have to make and Chris, who when I asked him what did I owe him shrugged and said sure your ok.

Advertisement