Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connectivitiy Problems with iMac and Lynksys Router

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Over the last few weeks, my wireless connection has been getting progressivly worse.
    It was coming and going every few hours.
    I think it has now gone fully. Has not been working for 2 days.

I have an iMac G5, and I am using a Lynksys Wireless G Router WRT54G.
    Everything works fine on my Windows Laptop.

I can connect to the wireless on the iMac, and I am getting full strength signal, but cannot connect to the internet no matter what browser I use.

I have been looking online to try find some info and there appears to be a number of reasons why this may happen.

A common theme across many websites and forums is a compatibility issue with Lynksys routers and Mac.
    Many people make reference to change the DNS settings on the router to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this before, or can anyone give me advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

derv wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks, my wireless connection has been getting progressivly worse.
    It was coming and going every few hours.
    I think it has now gone fully. Has not been working for 2 days.

I have an iMac G5, and I am using a Lynksys Wireless G Router WRT54G.
    Everything works fine on my Windows Laptop.

I can connect to the wireless on the iMac, and I am getting full strength signal, but cannot connect to the internet no matter what browser I use.

I have been looking online to try find some info and there appears to be a number of reasons why this may happen.

A common theme across many websites and forums is a compatibility issue with Lynksys routers and Mac.
    Many people make reference to change the DNS settings on the router to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this before, or can anyone give me advice?

I have seen this before with the G5's and The fix was make sure you have all the update on the Mac OS and also the latest firmware on the Linksys

Advertisement