Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 things nobody tells you about owning a motorcycle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

haha very good!

Interesting one about the lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The lights are grand. Just do an endo when your stopping. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

And 6 things that everybody knows about motorcycles

1) Freedom on the open road.

2) No parking charges / park as you go !

3) No speed camera issues (at least with front licence plates and speed cameras)

4) No Tolls through the M50

5) No Clamping worries

6) Superior economy ( at least for some of us bikers)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

did u get that link from biker.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Maxav

Funny for the amount of truth in it, as for the lights. they're a serious PITA but sometimes if you look at the kerb you can see where the loop is in the road and if you put your back wheel in line and give it a rev or two you can get it to trip the lights. Helps if the bike is big though...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Can't see a 125 doing it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Maxav wrote: »
    Funny for the amount of truth in it, as for the lights. they're a serious PITA but sometimes if you look at the kerb you can see where the loop is in the road and if you put your back wheel in line and give it a rev or two you can get it to trip the lights. Helps if the bike is big though...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Can't see a 125 doing it..

I was working late last year.
    I had taken the bike to work for the first time since i got it, into the underground carpark i went.

I tried to leave about 11pm but my bike wouldnt trip the pressure pad for the gates to open. I ended up sleeping at my desk! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Blanchguy

It's an induction loop, works like a metal detector. Most sensitive at corners, try lining your bike up along one of the edges. (Disclaimer, not a biker, but I have know shopping trolleys to activate loops.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I have had the lights problem loads in dublin - a fúck load of traffic lights in my area are triggered by camera or the ground sensor - fúcking sh!te!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

jameshayes wrote: »
    I have had the lights problem loads in dublin - a fúck load of traffic lights in my area are triggered by camera or the ground sensor - fúcking sh!te!!!

Just get a bigger bike. Never a problem with my panzer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Yeah it was a big problem for me on the 125, used to hammer the back brake going over the sensors!

Not really an issue on the GS though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Blanchguy wrote: »
    It's an induction loop, works like a metal detector. Most sensitive at corners, try lining your bike up along one of the edges. (Disclaimer, not a biker, but I have know shopping trolleys to activate loops.)

Cool. Never knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I watched a show recently where they said to put 2 high strength magnets under your bike to trigger the loop, forgot what type of magnets they said though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

So am I right in thinking me jamming on the brakes was achieving nothing at all? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

AgileMyth wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking me jamming on the brakes was achieving nothing at all? :D

I would not say nothing jamming on the brakes looks cool :P but doubt it makes much difference with the lights :)

Advertisement