Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to out source link building

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with outsourcing link building?

I've been doing lots of research on the net & the majority of the stuff seems fairly shifty & I don't know who to trust.

previous experience, advise, recommendations are welcomed, thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with outsourcing link building?

I've been doing lots of research on the net & the majority of the stuff seems fairly shifty & I don't know who to trust.

previous experience, advise, recommendations are welcomed, thank you :)

Given that the majority of stuff seems shifty, do you not think this is something you yourself should do? Entrusting your reputation to a third party is a pretty big risk. If they are using blackhat techniques it's your site that will pay the price, not them.

Google "Penny's SEO"

If you're not familiar with web marketing and have to get a third party to do it, try get someone local, preferably referred to you by a trusted third party.

If it sounds good to be true, you can be sure it is, and if anyone ever promises to get you to the top of Google for any search term just walk away/hang up the phone - no ifs, not buts, they're lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Beware, Google are now slapping unorganic stuff like paid links and article spamming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HomePainting

cormee wrote: »
    Given that the majority of stuff seems shifty, do you not think this is something you yourself should do? Entrusting your reputation to a third party is a pretty big risk. If they are using blackhat techniques it's your site that will pay the price, not them.

Google "Penny's SEO"

If you're not familiar with web marketing and have to get a third party to do it, try get someone local, preferably referred to you by a trusted third party.

If it sounds good to be true, you can be sure it is, and if anyone ever promises to get you to the top of Google for any search term just walk away/hang up the phone - no ifs, not buts, they're lying.

Yes, I'm familiar with web marketing, mainly onpage. I get offpage in terms of submitting to business listings, social media - facebook, youtube, twitter, digg, stumble upon, forums, blog posting / commentating etc.

I'm just finding it hard to get backlinks that are placed on other peoples websites with anchor text. It's hard to get ranked for 'Painting in Dublin' using the above without having links from other websites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colmb007

Yes, I'm familiar with web marketing, mainly onpage. I get offpage in terms of submitting to business listings, social media - facebook, youtube, twitter, digg, stumble upon, forums, blog posting / commentating etc.

I'm just finding it hard to get backlinks that are placed on other peoples websites with anchor text. It's hard to get ranked for 'Painting in Dublin' using the above without having links from other websites!

Start off with some links from article websites. Look at places like ezinearticles and article base. You can write an article and put an anchor text link in the bio, just look at how other people do this on the site so you have a better understanding.

Now these are links and will help, you can find about 10 to 20 sites like this that are ok. You next step is getting better quality links by doing guest posts on other peoples website. You can find these in google by searching for your keyword + guess article. You can get links with the conent text and not the bio, this is of course a better link.

The main point is to start and I bet you'll be doing a lot more then others in your Market. And also mix your anchor text do not have every link saying your keyword have some with your website address and just vist our website, it must look natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

There's a very good book called '50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website', it's written for businesses just like yours. Well worth the few € it costs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Alphashuffle made a good point, oDesk is definitely a great place to start.

I've used contractors on it before for various things and get the odd bit of work myself through it. It's deffo worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Fiverr is also a good place to go, check out the ratings first to get some decent links, the last thing you need is to be sandboxed for the sake of a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Ive used fiver to buy effective backlink pyramids With 20 gov/ edu backlinks and 3k profile backlinks.
    Works great i crawl up the pages in a few days

Advertisement