Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell - Human Remains (Fans of straight up metal get in here!)

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread on this album here and it is well deserved.

Bit of background on the band first; in the mid 80's the band was getting ready to record their debut album, record label pulled out of the deal, few years later the singer killed himself. Their demos have been doing the rounds for years and have gathered a substantial following but only now 25 years later did they manage to record them properly and release the debut. The singer they got is actually the guitarist's brother, who's an English stage and TV actor, which makes a lot of sense if you watch the video.

But back to the album... And what an album it is. Fans of stuff like Megadeth, Judas Priest, NWOBHM, basically good hard metal should love it! Who knew a band of middle aged men could take 20+ year old songs and produce an album as fresh sounding, lively and just straight up ROCKING. And the vocals... So, so, so much character and uniqueness. They may not be quite to everyone's taste but I think he's the best new vocalist I've heard in years.

The video for On Earth As It Is In Hell is also excellent. Obviously it's pure tongue in cheek with it's OTT theatrics and silliness (and they're ould!) but I love it when bands don't take themselves too seriously.

Check it out and discuss:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Very Maiden-ish,which is no bad thing. Enjoyed that,the video had me in stitches,pure schlock.:D

I must check out more of their stuff,thanks for posting.:)

The singer was scarily like King Diamond!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

wow thats very strange was just listening to them :) they have been added to the bill at Bloodstock this year, on the Dio stage, great band BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

great stuff!
    thanks op, me likey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

For a second there I thought that was Bill Bailey playing the red guitar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Testament1 wrote: »
    For a second there I thought that was Bill Bailey playing the red guitar :pac:

Was about to mention their similarity before i saw your post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement