Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evinrude 4 1980

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

HI,

i have an outboard engine that needs a propeller. model nr is E4BRCSS serial nr B086918. Can anybody help ? it might take a similar propeller as a different modelnr

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Spare parts for a thirty year old. :) They last well if looked after don't they. Great engines.
    Your best bet would be Cyril at Greene Marine in Harolds Cross. He was an evinrude/johnson dealer going way back, and would have more parts for them than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

I'm looking for to power supply for a similar engine ... takes time to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I have a propellor for a 6hp from the same era, it might fit yours. It is however a 2 blade one rather than a 3 blade one, not that it makes much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

I'm digging this out. I got the engine back from service. The guy replaced the 2 coils, cleaned the carb, changed the spark plugs and gave it a run. When i took it back home it went for a trial on the lake. The engine starts ok but 3 minutes after goes down and stops completely. I restart the engine and it runs for less and finally doesn't start at all ... :mad: it pumps water all right so i was wondering if i was doing something wrong with the starter and might feed too much in petrol ...

any experience with this engine ? It's an Evinrude 4 HP 2 cylinders from 1983.

Advertisement