Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dessert help wanted please

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi could someone help me out please...

I've volunteered to make the dessert for a dinner party this week, there is only 4 of us and its a 30min drive away from me.

So... I need a cold dessert, one that will travel and one that doesn't need the use of a hob (mines on the blink!)

I have an oven and a microwave. I also have double cream and sour cream as well as full fat soft cheese in the fridge. Usual supplies in cupboard.

Was thinking maybe of a cheesecake but most recipes are for too much.
    Any suggestions or alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tiramisu?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

If you have jelly and yoghurt you can make a set jelly?

Melt the jelly in pint of water and leave to cool, whip the cream and mix in a pot of yoghurt, mix in the cooled jelly and pour over a base of crushed biscuits, leave to chill and set in the fridge overnight.

Voila!!-one fuss free (cheeseless) cheesecake. Very light and refreshing if you use complimentary fruit flavours in the jelly and yoghurt and can be prettied up with sliced strawberries and shaved chocolate on the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭billyhead

Banoffie Pie. Just cheat and get one from Superquinn:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks guys, the jelly suggestion reminded me of an easy chilled cheesecake recipe I have, so I think I'll make that. much less hassle than a baked one.

Don't think I'd get away with a bought dessert Billyhead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Lemon Drizzle - it's very easy to make, easy to transport and easy to serve. Stays moist for days too. http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/534232

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Profiteroles are always great when you need a transportable dessert. Put the cream in the middle when you arrive at the party and they are ready to go. Easy to make too.

Advertisement