Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Overcharging

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I had subscribed for basic TV + broadband on 26th January. Monthly subscription rate was €57. I was offered free sky movies + sky sports for 2 months but was never activated till 24th February. When I called UPC customer care representative enabled this free service for 2 months starting Feb 24th to April 24th.

On 24th April I called them and reaffirmed that these services be cancelled so that I am not wrongly charged. Thankfully, all of this would be recorded in your tapes.

So instead of charging 57 Euros every month, I was charged €60.9 for Jan-Feb, € 68.84 for Feb-Mar, € 114.3 for Mar-Apr. All of this constitutes to €244.04. For Apr-May they have sent me additional bill of € 80.91.

Since the Sky sport + Sky movies was a 'free offer' by UPC; I dont want to pay for it.

Since I have already paid € 244.04 till now, there should be no bill payment to UPC for Apr-May period and in fact UPC owes me a refund of 244.04-228= € 16.04.

I have got my direct debit scheduled on 28th of this month. UPC have written back saying that they will give me credit next month. (They had given me same excuse even last month) but I have to pay them this month.

Lads, can you please advice what do I need to do in this case? Can I close direct debit or doing that will affect my credit history?

Have any one of you experienced such overcharging by UPC?

Regards
    David

Advertisement