Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road bike maintenance..

• 24-05-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just recently bought a road bike and have been clocking up some decent mileage in the last couple of months.Just wanted to enquire as to what kind of basic maintenance should I be doing after I'm finished for the day.I'd imagine more than just hanging in up in the garage til the next day out.Have been out in some wet conditions too.Would appreciate any advise on problem areas or essential maintenance items I need to purchase.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

keep eye on brakes and chain in long run

also day to day , i know some peeps that check there tyres to make sure theres no bits of something stuck in to them! roads are dirty these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Clean the bike, in doing so you have to visually go over each part of the bike. This is a very simple and productive way of finding faults such as loose components, cracks, glass lodged in tyres etc. Also clean the brake area on your rims, crud can build up there that will reduce your braking ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

or if you have lots a money just buy a new bike after each cycle ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

+1 on a 10 minute clean after a ride on wet roads.

Advertisement