Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handheld TV

Options
  • 24-05-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi

Would anyone know where in Dublin I could get a handheld TV that would pick up RTE2?

I'm looking to get one before the weekend so I could try to get the Champions League final down at Slane!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hmmm.. hadn't really thought about it but nothing majorly expensive. Can't imagine using it much after the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Do you by any chance have a smartphone on an O2 contract? You can pay 6 euros to watch the Sky pack on O2 TV for a month, it includes all four Sky Sports channels, the Champions League Final is live on Sky Sports 1 as well as UTV and RTE2.

thanks. i'll have use of an iphone for the day alright. have the sky sports app downloaded already but wasn't sure if the signal would be any use with thousands of people in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

guys im in the same boat, i have an iphone and am with vodafone, if i get the skymoblie app will it actually work in slane? plus will i be held to a contract or just pay for the single month and then cut it off? cheers guys, seriously panicking here cos i was thinking of faking a heart attack so my missus will let me leave to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

if i get the skymoblie app will it actually work in slane?

I'm sure all of the networks will lay on extra capacity in Slane on the day but the answer to your question is - it depends! SMS messages can be relegated to low priority so they make take a while to be delivered or received to/from Slane but voice traffic needs live bandwidth so it may happen that if there are too many teenagers gabbing into their phones that the TV service is crap.

There's no way of predicting, it all depends on the capacity of your network in Slane on the day and how much of the available bandwidth to the outside world is being used.

on o2 which would be better - o2 tv app or official sky app? or would it make a difference?

so sky mobile app actually worked well enough down there. Shame about the result though!

Advertisement