Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Ten Wedding Photographers in the World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

eas wrote: »
    Here is the list of American Photo’s Top Ten Wedding Photographers for 2011 in alphabetical order:

Although I like the pictures that I have seen through my quick browsing, do you think the second and third there are a bit high on pp? Maybe it is just my taste, love the shots would just like a little less pp, especially on the eyes in the pics I saw on the 3rd link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Although I like the pictures that I have seen through my quick browsing, do you think the second and third there are a bit high on pp? Maybe it is just my taste, love the shots would just like a little less pp, especially on the eyes in the pics I saw on the 3rd link.

Wait till you see the second last one so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

My tastes in wedding photography are broad enough to accept the processing as the style of the photographer. So, without looking at every single image, I'd confidently say all the photos in those galleries have just the right amount of processsing.

daycent wrote: »
    Wait till you see the second last one so!!

Great pics though!
    eas wrote: »
    My tastes in wedding photography are broad enough to accept the processing as the style of the photographer. So, without looking at every single image, I'd confidently say all the photos in those galleries have just the right amount of processsing.

All the pics I have looked at are brilliant, love them all, guess I was just surprised there is soooo much pp in them. I have always loved Yervant though!

It's an odd list too. I don't know really. I like all their work, it's mostly very beautifull but possibly bit on safe side. I think Parker J is my favorite in the list, but there are just far too many amazing wedding photographers in the world for any top 10 to do justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Some really nice work, one of the pictures in Rocco's gallery is a bit :( the one with the lady with the very large wobbly arm http://www.roccoancora.com/portfolio/weddings/?nggpage=3 (top right)

I like Yervant, seen quite a lot of his work and how he works, didnt recognise a lot of them. Parker J has some cool stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

fave is Jesse & Whitney Chamberlin, quirky but classic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

So 50% from USA, 40% from Australia and 10% from Canada. What's strange is that there are none from Europe. That's bizarre as since moving back here I have found the general level of photography is way behind that of what I was used to in Ireland and the UK.

Maybe this is just where the money is right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Borderfox wrote: »
    Some really nice work, one of the pictures in Rocco's gallery is a bit :( the one with the lady with the very large wobbly arm http://www.roccoancora.com/portfolio/weddings/?nggpage=3 (top right)

what should he have done, not put it into the gallery 'cause she's a real woman pulling a funny face who doesn't conform to some beauty ideal? or photoshopped her skin/body so she did conform? or not photographed the woman at all?

that's not a dig btw - just curious why you picked out that one image :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Its a really grating picture that emphasises every bad point in the image for me (imo) the pp doesnt do any favours. I have taken pictures of many "real women" and made them feel beautiful about themselves rather than in this image. I showed the image to my girlfriend and her comment was the same.

To answer your question, I wouldnt have put it in the gallery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Borderfox wrote: »
    Its a really grating picture that emphasises every bad point in the image for me (imo) the pp doesnt do any favours. I have taken pictures of many "real women" and made them feel beautiful about themselves rather than in this image. I showed the image to my girlfriend and her comment was the same.

To answer your question, I wouldnt have put it in the gallery

fair enough. i won't de-rail the thread but i think yer contradicting yerself totally there!! i'll agree to disagree ;)

CabanSail wrote: »
    So 50% from USA, 40% from Australia and 10% from Canada. What's strange is that there are none from Europe. That's bizarre as since moving back here I have found the general level of photography is way behind that of what I was used to in Ireland and the UK.

I'm sure there's a few reasons for the geobias, but I'd say it's mainly their readership. 2 of the Aussi fella's are pretty much superstars in the wedding biz, I think they're included almost as a given. American Photo pics mainly american photographers, don't think that should be a surprise really.

Not sure if it's connected, but people do tend to pay more for wedding photography in the US and Austrailia. Couples seem to take much more pride in selecting their photographers as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

These guys did my cousins wedding. Fab pictures and caught some really 'spur of the moment ones too'

www.yaggiphotography.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

lol@top this and top that lists...

I'd call the list maybe top 10 'most famous' not best.

I have to say I LOVE what Parker J wrote about being in this list on his site
    Hello World,

So today I find myself somewhere between a dream and a nightmare or drifting between dylan and manson if you like.(marilyn that is)
    You know, one of those places where you are thrilled to be, but have no idea how you got there. Maybe thinking that perhaps they
    have invited the wrong person to the party. My dad would have said something like, “you’re feeling like a turd in a punch bowl” . Kind
    of out of place, is what he was trying to say. I feel I am in that bowl right now. But I think my dad would be pretty proud right now.

So anyway, I was just named one of the top 10 wedding photographers in the world by american photo magazine. To say I am
    humbled to be included in this would be a huge understatement. The top 10 include some of the most influential wedding
    photographers of our time many of which I have respected and looked up to for years. Real photographers with notches in their belts.
    Real photographers that have seen a brides dad cry but have also been on the front lines overseas at wartime. Photographers that
    set the bar, again and again. I have always had one goal as a photographer. Make an image better that my last. I push myself to
    make that perfect image that doesn’t exist. I am head over heals in love with photography. It is part of me. And I do it all for my
    soul. But my biggest award as a photographer is making someone feel something when they look at an image I have made for them.
    Whether they feel joyful or sad, inspired or angry . I made them feel. That is what we are for. That is what an image is for. I am
    honored to be a photographer. This newly added title is just the icing on the cake. I am truly thrilled to be a part of this. I feel like I
    need to thank all of my friends who pushed me, clients who trusted me, vendors who promoted me, and family who loved me no
    matter what. Below are links to the 9 photographers that share this honor with me. Some of which are great friends and some are
    souls I have not met. But maybe thats the point.

I hope to continue my addiction for many years. But I guess we will have to wait and see where this crazy ride takes us.

Thanks for tuning in.

lol@top this and top that lists...

I'd call the list maybe top 10 'most famous' not best.

why is that? With the exception of Yerbant and Marcus Bell, I'd say very few of them are known on the larger stage. I could name 10 more "famous" wedding photographers in one breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 glenf

Marcus Bell did my sister's wedding a few months back. I haven't had a proper look at the results yet, but I was impressed with the fact our happy-family-posey shot took all of 10 seconds to set up and shoot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

First things first... I closed the 2nd and 3rd photographers websites within seconds of opening them. Just awful!

Anyway, even though the Rocco Ancora shots are a bit heavy on PP, I gotta say I love them! That shot of the bride walking up the stairs is just stunning.

glenf wrote: »
    Marcus Bell did my sister's wedding a few months back. I haven't had a proper look at the results yet, but I was impressed with the fact our happy-family-posey shot took all of 10 seconds to set up and shoot :)

That's great, where was the wedding?

Advertisement