Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses

Options
  • 24-05-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Am heading to Galway for a weekend soon, and will be staying in Oranmore. I know there is a bus stop on Station Road, but cannot find any buses for timetables for city service buses.
    Is there such a thing? Is there a regular bus service from Oranmore to the city and vice versa?
    Thanks for any info in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

City link and bus eireann stops at station road with their return buses from dublin and limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

Here's the timetable for the shuttle bus http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202387297-418b.pdf
    There's a timetable on the bus shelter showing the times for the buses coming from dublin and limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cute_cow wrote: »
    Hi All
    Am heading to Galway for a weekend soon, and will be staying in Oranmore. I know there is a bus stop on Station Road, but cannot find any buses for timetables for city service buses.

Aye, that's 'cos this particular suburb of Galway City is located in Galway County (the madness of it).

You may find this Oranmore area map helpful. It has info about three bus companies that do the trip, as well as the location of the taxi office (and various other stuff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There should be a 'buses' sticky for this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

There should be a 'buses' sticky for this forum.

And a "going out in galway" stickie

And a "place to stay" stickie

And "roundabouts/traffic" stickie

And a "what happened in ___" stickie

And a list of stickies stickie :D

The forum goes in cycles of interesting - repetative.

</off topic>

Sorry OP i have no information about oranmore buses (although every bus i ever get out of galway stops there, so it shouldn't be too long a wait between buses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Thanks for the useful replies, much appriciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

cute_cow wrote: »
    Thanks for the useful replies, much appriciated :)

You're welcome! :D

Advertisement