Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

I have just moved to North County Dublin and am looking for recommendations for a GP. In particular, I need one with quite an understanding of psychiatry. At the moment, I see my own doctor every 4 weeks and he's great but it's a long drive which is why I need to find someone closer.

Anybody know of anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Valerie Flood in Portmarnock Family practice has very good reputation and an interest in psychiatry.

Don't use her myself as thankfully I've not had to go to a doctor since I moved to Swords, but know several friends who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thanks a million. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Closer to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Anywhere in NCD would be closer than where I travel to now! Specifically around Balbriggan but I would travel a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Novella wrote: »
    Anywhere in NCD would be closer than where I travel to now! Specifically around Balbriggan but I would travel a bit.

There is a very good Canadian doctor up in the medical centre in the cesspit area of balbriggan up by dunes stores

• Advertisement

There is a very good Canadian doctor up in the medical centre in the cesspit area of balbriggan up by dunes stores
    Dr Patrick O'Mathuna. For pyschiatric and psychological stuff he will refer patients to the relevent services, he doesn't like to treat those areas himself because he's not a psychiatrist. Personally I like this approach, but might not be what the OP is requesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

How about here:

Hampton Balbriggan
    Balbriggan Health Centre, Hampton St, Balbriggan, Co Dublin Tel 01 8413930 Fax 01 8415626
    OPD 9.00am– 1.00pm Wednesday New Patient Clinic: 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Monday

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/lho/NorthDublin/MentalHealth/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sammykilroy

<mod snip>

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement