Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable sleeving

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi ya,

can anyone recommend where to get good quality cable sleeving. I bought this stuff off ebay and the quality is really poor. Just want to check and make sure before I invest in some more! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve.htm
    Regarded as the best sleeving you can get but it is far from cheap.

You could also get these pre-braided extentions which get very good reviews.
    http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy-cables/

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

game4it70 wrote: »
    http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve.htm
    Regarded as the best sleeving you can get but it is far from cheap.

I used them to sleeve my PC and i'm very happy with the what i got :) :P
    as (game4it70) says there expensive but you only pay for what u get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Thanks guys. Don't mind paying that bit extra as long as I know the quality is good.

I actually have a couple of bitfenix fan cables that I got from caseking and thats the quality I am looking for

you wont be disappointed :)

you wont be disappointed :)

And just wanted to say that I am not! Super quality stuff and given that, I dont think it is that expensive. Got this color and it really looks well.

Now to start sleeving.................

• Advertisement

thats a sweet color :P :) good luck with the sleeving

ok. Well I went about sleeving my psu this week. Well I have tried to start and I cant for the life of me remove the atx connectors. I have watched plenty videos and they only serve to piss me off even more. I have tried staples, pins, them sunbeam tools and even calling them every name under the sun but still no result.

I need help! I am hoping someone with a bit more experience with this can put me in the right direction - Im not looking for someone to do the job for me, just to tell me where Im going wrong - I live in Blanch area but have a car so area isnt really an issue. If I could have 15mins of your time to get me started it would be a really big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

deejer wrote: »
    ok. Well I went about sleeving my psu this week. Well I have tried to start and I cant for the life of me remove the atx connectors. I have watched plenty videos and they only serve to piss me off even more. I have tried staples, pins, them sunbeam tools and even calling them every name under the sun but still no result.

I need help! I am hoping someone with a bit more experience with this can put me in the right direction - Im not looking for someone to do the job for me, just to tell me where Im going wrong - I live in Blanch area but have a car so area isnt really an issue. If I could have 15mins of your time to get me started it would be a really big help.

I feel for you, I was in the same boat around a year ago. Did you buy the tool from MDPC? I realised that sometimes its not necessarily what you're doing but the power supply you're trying to do it on. I tried it on a corsair power supply and couldn't remove it for love nor money.

The only piece of advice I can give is that you have to be rough with it, I thought I was going to break some of them but they were okay in the end. Modular PSU's are apparently easier to do than their counterparts

Just an update on this. I finally got the sleeving done a couple of weeks ago and really happy with the finish. Once I got going there was no stopping me. I think alot of it was down to the right tool. I tried a few (about 5 in total) and in the end this was the best.

it was alot of work but worth it. I will throw up a few pictures later of the PSU - not great cause of my crap camera - and will have a few pictures of the finished article when I get a loan of a proper camera!

On another note, in my extensive research into different "how to" guides I also came across this. Really cheap sleeving compared to the mdpc sleeving I was using and seems to be a nice finish also. Worth a look if you are thinking of trying your hand at sleeving and want a cheap option.

Some pictures of the PSU. Its an Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W

171526.JPG

171527.JPG

171528.JPG

171529.JPG

171530.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement