Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scam - aib text

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

got a text from someone pretending to be aib this morning, i don't have an account with them, it asked me to go to a .org address to correct some important details as my account had been suspended.

Just something for people to watch out for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'm an aib customer. and the following is on there internet banking site.
    Alert - May 2011

Beware of fraudulent text messages claiming to be from AIB.
    Remember AIB will never send a text or email requesting your AIB Internet Banking login details. This is a fraudulent attempt to obtain your banking details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

promethius wrote: »
    got a text from someone pretending to be aib this morning, i don't have an account with them, it asked me to go to a .org address to correct some important details as my account had been suspended.

Just something for people to watch out for.

Got the same thing recently and am not an AIB customer, Did you have any dealings with "the Done Deal" recently, I advertised a car there and all I have since are numerous attempts to scam me like this, and feck all interest in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Got one this morning, saying my AIB Code Card has been locked for security reasons, due to recent fraud attempts. Please go to http://www.aibsecurity.org to update you're account.

I'm not even an AIB Customer!!

Quite a good replica of the login page, but its clearly a spoof. No validation of any sort and its not a secure site despite saying it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'm an AIB customer ... my mobile number and email are widely available online and I never get SPAM texts ..or win the nigerian lottery.

I'm disappointed that others got this text and I didn't ..... :(

For those that did get the text - do you ever think of where the people got your number ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I'm an AIB customer ... my mobile number and email are widely available online and I never get SPAM texts ..or win the nigerian lottery.

I'm disappointed that others got this text and I didn't ..... :(

For those that did get the text - do you ever think of where the people got your number ?

The only place that the number they contacted me on is available anywhere is donedeal.ie

The only place they could have gotten it,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Any time I've advertised on a website like this I've used a disposable email address and no phone number..

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

The only place that the number they contacted me on is available anywhere is donedeal.ie

The only place they could have gotten it,

Thanks for that, now I know where they got mine as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I've gotten the same message from them 3 times in the last 2 days, saying my code card had expired. It's getting annoying at this stage. The website looks fairly believable too, I'd say some people would be fooled by it.

Advertisement