Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my necklace is 'cursed'

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

:eek:

Bought a 'vintage' necklace in an antiques fair. It's a sterling silver clown pendant necklace ( and btw didn't know these were chav until I googled it today).

First day I wore it, got a puncture on way to work and had v bad day at work.

Second day I wore it, had blow up at work and quit. Then had second puncture.

Third day I wore it water stopped in house, had no water for two days.

Fourth day, I hesitated before putting it on, looked at it, thought- ah for goodness sake, no such thing as item being unlucky, but didn't wear it. Boss asked me to reconsider and stay on at work. Water came back!

Stopped wearing necklace.

This morning, some weeks later, saw necklace and thought- ah what the hell, a necklace can't be unlucky after all...

Ran over big branch on country road and damaged car. Tooth chipped when eating lunch. Took necklace off. The more you look at the clowns eyes, the more sinister they appear...:o

I'm not very superstitious but er, think I'm going to get rid! Anyone else ever have ridiculous notions like this?:o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

moved to Paranormal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Maybe experiment with someone else wearing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The necklace is not magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

loldog wrote: »
    Maybe experiment with someone else wearing it?

Hmmm, evil genius.

Still though, who would I ask? Even though he loves me, can't see my husband agreeing.:D

When was the last day you had your tires checked.

• Advertisement

When was the last day you had your tires checked.

A few weeks ago when last puncture was repaired, and then the day before that when previous puncture was repaired. And before that, had the car serviced in or around end February.

Why, do you think maybe the tyre guy put a curse on the necklace?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Bring it to a church, dip it in some holy water and repeat "Demons, be gone!" 7 times. Then place it in a box of Lucky Charms and leave it there over night. In the morning, pour the Lucky Charms and the necklace into a bowl and pour milk over them. Eat everything with a spoon except for the necklace. Wash the necklace with the bowl and dry them off. The necklace should then be fit to wear without causing any more bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

Wantobe wrote: »
    I'm not very superstitious but er, think I'm going to get rid! Anyone else ever have ridiculous notions like this?:o

Years ago, I had these gorgeous brown boots, but every time I wore them on a night out, I had a really bad night, so I used to joke that they were my "bad luck boots".

Then one night my friend wore them out. She fell down a flight of stairs face-first onto a concrete floor, smashing up her face and most of her teeth, and had to be carted off in an ambulance. Of course, she blamed me and my unlucky boots. :D (I'd probably be more inclined to blame the half-bottle of vodka consumed, but anyways ...)

Funny thing is, I never had any problems wearing them after that (once I'd washed the blood off .... :pac: ) I reckon she used up whatever bad luck was left in them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 exscusethepig

:eek:

Bought a 'vintage' necklace in an antiques fair. It's a sterling silver clown pendant necklace ( and btw didn't know these were chav until I googled it today).

First day I wore it, got a puncture on way to work and had v bad day at work.

Second day I wore it, had blow up at work and quit. Then had second puncture.

Third day I wore it water stopped in house, had no water for two days.

Fourth day, I hesitated before putting it on, looked at it, thought- ah for goodness sake, no such thing as item being unlucky, but didn't wear it. Boss asked me to reconsider and stay on at work. Water came back!

Stopped wearing necklace.

This morning, some weeks later, saw necklace and thought- ah what the hell, a necklace can't be unlucky after all...

Ran over big branch on country road and damaged car. Tooth chipped when eating lunch. Took necklace off. The more you look at the clowns eyes, the more sinister they appear...:o

Imagine getting your job back in this day and age, throw the thing away and play Lotto.

Bring it to a church, dip it in some holy water and repeat "Demons, be gone!" 7 times. Then place it in a box of Lucky Charms and leave it there over night. In the morning, pour the Lucky Charms and the necklace into a bowl and pour milk over them. Eat everything with a spoon except for the necklace. Wash the necklace with the bowl and dry them off. The necklace should then be fit to wear without causing any more bad luck.

Okay. Erm, if I can't get Lucky Charms, will porridge do?:p
    Imagine getting your job back in this day and age, throw the thing away and play Lotto.

I know, right? I never liked clowns anyway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Okay. Erm, if I can't get Lucky Charms, will porridge do?:p

Only if it's lucky porridge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kunnyfunt

get rid of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 exscusethepig

Only if it's lucky porridge...
    Microwave porridge should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You can send it to me if you want, I'm not afraid of bad luck. I also accept unlucky clothes, jewels, cars, houses and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Friend of mine was in an idyllic relationship and was delighted when her boyfriend proposed. They were on the way into the jewellers to pick out an engagement ring when a sapphire ring caught her eye in an antique shop window. She had a sudden urge that she HAD to have it. As soon as she got it on her finger,her relationship began to fall apart and they seemed to be cursed with bad luck. After 6 months, the perfect couple split. My friend eventually got over it and moved on but when she went to a psychic a few years later, he told her that there was a cursed ring in a box under her bed. He said it had belonged to a woman whose fiancée had jilted her at the altar back in the 1800s and that it would always bring bad luck and unhappiness in love to whoever wore it. He told my friend to bury it somewhere and plant a flower on top. A month after she did this, she met a man who she is now happily married to! Now, I'm not superstitious but....

A month after she did this, she met a man who she is now happily married to! Now, I'm not superstitious but....

Now that's freaky! I'm definitely going to bury mine now too- oh, yippee, I'm gonna meet the man I'm gonna marry...oh, hang on, I'm already married.:confused:
    kylith wrote: »
    You can send it to me if you want, I'm not afraid of bad luck. I also accept unlucky clothes, jewels, cars, houses and money.

'And you would accept this of your own free will?' She said in a suspiciously deep voice, her eyes beginning to glow red.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

'And you would accept this of your own free will?' She said in a suspiciously deep voice, her eyes beginning to glow red.:cool:
    Yep, especially the houses, cars and money. Oh, and the jewels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Off to cash for Gold might be the best solution I reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Friend of mine was in an idyllic relationship and was delighted when her boyfriend proposed. They were on the way into the jewellers to pick out an engagement ring when a sapphire ring caught her eye in an antique shop window. She had a sudden urge that she HAD to have it. As soon as she got it on her finger,her relationship began to fall apart and they seemed to be cursed with bad luck. After 6 months, the perfect couple split. My friend eventually got over it and moved on but when she went to a psychic a few years later, he told her that there was a cursed ring in a box under her bed. He said it had belonged to a woman whose fiancée had jilted her at the altar back in the 1800s and that it would always bring bad luck and unhappiness in love to whoever wore it. He told my friend to bury it somewhere and plant a flower on top. A month after she did this, she met a man who she is now happily married to! Now, I'm not superstitious but....
    so the jeweler was selling second hand rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Resend, the antique shop was selling second hand rings......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Whispered wrote: »
    Resend, the antique shop was selling second hand rings......
    yes i see it now it was on way to jewelers:o:o:eek::eek:
    have you heard of the hope diamond

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

My suggestion will be the necklace should be forwarded to the biggest non-believer here as a experiment subject for all. And the actual cost of necklace should be taken from him for it holds full value to him. If the subject dies from necklace curse than everyone should accept that such things do exist although sparingly otherwise there is no such silly thing it's just a trick to tame a naughty kid.

Advertisement