Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB becoming ruthless again

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Also, the total pay bill in ESB represents only 1% of the Unit price of Electricty. So, if you could carry on the business without any people, the cost of your bill would drop by just 1%. (Based on Annual Accounts and CER determination)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Graduate

Also, the total pay bill in ESB represents only 1% of the Unit price of Electricty. So, if you could carry on the business without any people, the cost of your bill would drop by just 1%. (Based on Annual Accounts and CER determination)

I'm not saying your wrong but where did you get the staff number drop = 1% drop in a consumers bill? I took a look at ESB's annual report for 2009 but I can't see any section of the report that refers to it.

CER determination?!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm not saying your wrong but where did you get the staff number drop = 1% drop in a consumers bill? I took a look at ESB's annual report for 2009 but I can't see any section of the report that refers to it.

CER determination?!

Thanks

Have a look at the Payroll costs as a percentage of total costs. Fuel, & Materials account for most, then there are contractor costs making up the balance.

The CER sets the Distribution Use of System tariff and the Retail Prices. He determines such items by reference not only to actual costs but those costs he considers reasonable and in line with best practice. The payroll costs form part of this and are referenced in his adjudications.

All that said: we are well off topic here. Apologies Mods.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

noevil wrote: »
    Tried to negotiate with them, they wanted everything their way, nothing mutual, i told them I couldnt afford what they were looking for like 50% of the arrears up front and the rest cleared in a few weeks.They would not listen. Absolute greed and lack of understanding by people who are sheltered by overpayment in recession times. I believe the average wage is 90,000:eek:

Hi noevil,

Please feel free to PM either myself or Una if you think we could be of assistance.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

noevil wrote:
    Tried to negotiate with them, they wanted everything their way, nothing mutual, i told them I couldnt afford what they were looking for like 50% of the arrears up front and the rest cleared in a few weeks.They would not listen. Absolute greed and lack of understanding by people who are sheltered by overpayment in recession times. I believe the average wage is 90,000eek.gif

The ignorance here is astounding -sorry mods, but I just have to chime in here quickly before making a more 'on-topic' point...! :) Have you any mates working in call-centres? Do you know how much they earn? If you think for a minute that ESB don't outsource like any other company then you're living in the past. The staff you think are getting such massive sums I'm sure would be only delighted to tell you how much they really earn. Like another poster said previously, companies like ESB are top-heavy, and I really doubt you were dealing with any top-heavy individuals. Same with Bord Gáis, Airtricity, Eircom, Vodafone, Amazon... the list goes on...

Now, a little more on topic... I would ask the same question as Discostu1, if you think ESB are so cold and heartless, why don't you try the competition? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement