Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artichects Meath Recomendations

Options
  • 25-05-2011 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi am planning on doing some renovations to a 70's bungalow and propose in building an extension for some more bedrooms. The entension will be tricky enough as space is limited and the house is not typically standard so need an artichects help if any body can recomend or pm me with somebody they have used or heard about specializing in this sort of work. Maybe a builder with a good eye and design experience.

And as always money is tight

Thanking you guys in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vmg

Ha forgot to say im in the general dunsaughlin to trim area if any help

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The reality is that there are an awful lot of architects out there and very little work.
    Therefore you will find that they will travel to you, especially from Dublin

You're find a lot of info here

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=131450

2 to consider are

www.lyncharchitects.ie

and

http://www.smallspaces.ie/

You're doing the right thing getting an architect. They keep an eye on the builders and make sure its safe, sound and legal!

Good luck!

Thanks, sgt pepper 64 some useful information there, will contact them, do you have any idea on fees for the service of an archictect.

I have contacted some guys from meath very friendly and enthusiastic but never came out to look cant be that desperate for work!!!!!!!:confused:

vmg wrote: »
    Thanks, sgt pepper 64 some useful information there, will contact them, do you have any idea on fees for the service of an archictect.

I have contacted some guys from meath very friendly and enthusiastic but never came out to look cant be that desperate for work!!!!!!!:confused:

Fees are tricky, but expect anything from 2k to 4k with about 3k being more realistic.
    Once the plans are drawn and agreed with the builder after tender, dont go changing them! Thats a sure fire way to push up fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

vmg wrote: »
    Hi am planning on doing some renovations to a 70's bungalow and propose in building an extension for some more bedrooms. The entension will be tricky enough as space is limited and the house is not typically standard so need an artichects help if any body can recomend or pm me with somebody they have used or heard about specializing in this sort of work. Maybe a builder with a good eye and design experience.

And as always money is tight

Thanking you guys in advance

James Shanley architects in Navan i have used in the past and he is good at small jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Eamonn Reaburn done work for me and was extremly good at his job. PM me if you want his number

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

A friend had used James from http://www.mckevittarchitects.ie/ and found he had a lot of experience in Meath.

Any good builder recommendations?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I photographed a lot of Franic Construction projects and talked to the owners of the houses and everything looked really well done.

They built this extension in Clontarf on the back of a very small terraced house and the transition is seamless between the two parts
    35C95BBC58F14833896A6610882396CB-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Borderfox wrote: »
    I photographed a lot of Franic Construction projects and talked to the owners of the houses and everything looked really well done.

They built this extension in Clontarf on the back of a very small terraced house and the transition is seamless between the two parts
    35C95BBC58F14833896A6610882396CB-800.jpg

Nice..

• Advertisement

Hey guys thanks for recomendations and feedback has been a great help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tillytootelles

Hi Moderater,

Looking for a general builder near Trim or Athboy.....Do you know anyone?

Advertisement