Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Runner Ducks

• 25-05-2011 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I have a broody hen and want to put a half dozen Indian Runner Duck eggs under her along with a half dozen of my own Khaki Campbell eggs.

Does anyone have any fertile Indian Runner eggs to swap/sell? Preferably White Indian Runners. Drogheda/North Dublin area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I have a broody hen and want to put a half dozen Indian Runner Duck eggs under her along with a half dozen of my own Khaki Campbell eggs.

Does anyone have any fertile Indian Runner eggs to swap/sell? Preferably White Indian Runners. Drogheda/North Dublin area.

try donedeal. Had runners for years. Great duck, very funny to watch sometimes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Dusty87 wrote: »
    try donedeal. Had runners for years. Great duck, very funny to watch sometimes..

I've had a good look around Donedeal and Buy and Sell, just thought I'd post here too. Its always good to meet another hobbyist who has had similar experience of keeping ducks on my scale rather than a commerical farmer who is churning them out of a farmyard.

Were your ducks good layers? The two Khaki Campbell ducks I have are like two little egg factories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I've had a good look around Donedeal and Buy and Sell, just thought I'd post here too. Its always good to meet another hobbyist who has had similar experience of keeping ducks on my scale rather than a commerical farmer who is churning them out of a farmyard.

Were your ducks good layers? The two Khaki Campbell ducks I have are like two little egg factories.

yea they were good layers. Thats what they're for, lets face it ya wouldn get much meat off them:P they are real awkward looking. Id get more in the morning if i had the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I was showing one of the lads in work a picture of the new ducks I'm getting, he coiled up with laughter saying it was the funniest looking duck he'd ever seen. I suppose that adds to their character though.

Advertisement