Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good lunch in the city?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

Going drinkin for the two finals on saturday and lookin for some place to get a decent bite to eat beforehand. I saw the fry-up thread and that's a possibility but is do ye have any recommendations for food besides chipper/fry-up/carvery?

Been in cork for years but for some reason havn't eaten out much recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

The Old Oak is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Really I didn' even know they did food. What sort of a menu do they have?what would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

It's lovely imo. I usually get a chicken roll - spicy chicken breasts in a lovely hot roll with garlic mayonnaise and salad. Get the chips too :) think it's both for 6 euro or something? Haven't been in a while:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I like tribes for toasties + chips, pretty expensive though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Agreed about tribes, their lunch time deal used to extend to evening - no longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Hi OP,

I started this thread a while back. Most of the answers should still be relevant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

The Woodford does a decent lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    The Woodford does a decent lunch!
    AFAIK, Jacques (across from the Crane Lane) provide the catering for them for their lunch service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ya, I've heard the Woodford is meant to be pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

my fave is issacs for lunch but for a sandwich kinda thing go to.... Ok cant think of the name but its next to amicus (former gingerbread house). Its every bit as good as your o'briens style place but half the price. Nice traditional feel, none of your no frills skilly latte's though its black coffee or white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Amicus
    The Bodega
    Liberty Grill
    Market Lane

All yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭raydar

Viper_JB wrote: »
    I like tribes for toasties + chips, pretty expensive though.

I dont like the new look Easysingles cheese in thier toasties , YE THOUGH I WOULDNT NOTICE BUT I DID , SOME CHEESY CHEEK

I want REAL CHEESE PLEASE!

Advertisement