Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy buff for casuals

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I see blizzard are holding strong to there "let everyone raid" moto these days. The amount of nerfs that the raids are getting in 4.2 is idiotic. I agree with 1/2 of the add changes(such as elementals befor council in BoT, that was just a pain then anything)

But other stuff is idiotic, we are now on 6/13 heroic and Kinda want to still progress a bit more without it feeling easier, we are getting a lot of our old raid members coming back as it is enjoyable for raiding.
    [SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#fff3a5]Dungeons & Raids[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [B]Bastion of Twilight[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]The damage modifier on Normal has been reduced for Arion, Elementium Monstrosity, Feludius, Ignacius, and Terrastra.
    [*]Removed one of each type of Bound elemental from the Ascendant Council chamber.
    [*]Arion
    [LIST]
    [*]Chain Lightning damage has been reduced.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Cho’gall
    [LIST]
    [*]Health, melee damage, Health of Corrupting Adherent,  Depravity damage, Corrupting Crash damage, Flaming Destruction damage,  and  Unleashed Shadows damage has all been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Corrupting Crash and Depravity
    [*]Halved the amount of Corruption they give to 5 from 10.
    [*]Corrupted Bite effect caused by Blood of the Old God reduced.
    [*]Damage Taken from Corruption of the Old God per Corrupted Blood has been reduced from 3% per stack to 2% per stack.
    [*]Debilitating Beam damage has been reduced by 20% to 6,400.
    [*]The duration of Twisted Devotion has been reduced by 25%.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Dragon Siblings
    [LIST]
    [*]Health, melee damage, Twilight Meteorite  damage, Devouring Flames, Blackout damage, Unstable Twilight damage,  Twilight Zone damage, Twilight Blast damage, Fabulous Flames damage, has  all been reduced by 20%.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Elementium Monstrosity
    [LIST]
    [*]Electrical Instability damage has been reduced.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Feludius
    [LIST]
    [*]Damage due to being Frozen while Waterlogged has been reduced.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Halfus
    [LIST]
    [*]Health, melee damage, Fireball/Fireball Barrage  damage, Furious Roar damage, Scorching Breath damage, Shadow Nova  damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Nether Scion, Slate Dragon, Storm Rider, Time Warden, and Orphaned Emerald Whelp health has been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Shadow Nova base cast time has been increased.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Ignacious
    [LIST]
    [*]Rising Flames now increases damage by 3% per stack, down from 5%.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Terrastra
    [LIST]
    [*]Harden Skin now increases Physical damage dealt by 20% (down from 100%.)
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]

[B]Blackwing Descent[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Atramedes
    [LIST]
    [*]Health, melee damage, modulation damage, Roaring Flame Breath damage, and Searing Flame damage has all been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Modulation no longer causes Sound in normal difficulty.
    [*]Sound given by Sonar Pulse has been reduced to 3 (from 5.)
    [/LIST]
    [*]Chimaeron
    [LIST]
    [*]Health reduced by 20% and melee damage reduced by 10%.
    [*]Chimaeron will now only cast two caustic slimes per 30 second cycle, at second 17 and second 23.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Drakeadon Mongrel
    [LIST]
    [*]Time Lapse no longer stuns.
    [*]Frost Burn silence is now 3 seconds
    [/LIST]
    [*]Dwarven Kings
    [LIST]
    [*]Whirlwind no longer drops threat.
    [*]Execution sentence now deals damage only.
    [*]Shield of Light absorption now reduced.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Magmaw
    [LIST]
    [*]Damage and hit points reduced by 20%.
    [*]Lava Parasites have been diminished
    [*]Lava Spew damage, Magma Spit damage, Massive Crash damage, and  Infectious Vomit damage  have all been been reduced.
    [*]Mangled Lifeless no longer instantly kills, and damage has been reduced.
    [*]Parasitic Infection has been decreased.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Maloriak
    [LIST]
    [*]Health, damage, Aberation health/damage, Arcane  Storm damage, Prime Subject damage, Flash Freeze/Shatter damage, and  Scorching Blast damage has all been decreased by 20%.
    [*]Aberration stacking damage buff decreased.
    [*]Prime Subjects no longer fixate, and are no longer immune to taunt.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Nefarian
    [LIST]
    [*]Animated Bone Warriors take 33 seconds to fall over, (down from 50.)
    [*]Blast Nova cast time increased.
    [*]Chromatic Prototype Health reduced 20%.
    [*]Electrocute damage reduced 30%.
    [*]Fewer Animated Bone warriors spawn.
    [*]Magma Stacking debuff effect reduced 75%.
    [*]Nefarian health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
    [*]Nefarian's Shadowblaze cast frequency cannot increase beyond 1 per 15 sec.
    [*]Onyxia health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
    [*]Shadowflame Barrage damage reduced 20%.
    [*]Tail Lash damage reduced 50%.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Omnotron Council
    [LIST]
    [*]Barrier absorb amount increased by 100%.
    [*]Increased the cooldown on Power Conversion (Converted Power chance).
    [*]Health, Melee damage, Electrical Discharge damage, Lightning  Conductor damage, Health of Poison Bomb, Incineration Security Measure  damage, Arcane Annihilator damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Flamethrower damage has been reduced by 40%.
    [*]Static Shock caused by Unstable Shield damage and Poison Bomb damage has been decreased by 50%.
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]

[B]Throne of the Four Winds[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Al’Akir
    [LIST]
    [*]Acid Rain now stacks every 20s (up from 15s.)
    [*]Electrocute now  pulses every 1s (up from 0.5s.)
    [*]Feedback duration increased to 30s (from 20s.)
    [*]Health, damage, and Wind Burst damage have all been reduced 20%.
    [*]Lightning and Lightning Rod recast time has been increased.
    [*]Lightning Strike friendly chain damage has been halved.
    [*]Will no longer use Static Shock on normal difficulty in phase 1 or phase 2.
    [/LIST]
    [*]Conclave of the Four Winds
    [LIST]
    [*]Gathering Strength cast time has been increased
    [*]Ice Patch slow is now 5% per stack, up to 10 stacks (down from 10% per stack, up to 30 stacks), damage reduced by 20%.
    [*]Rohash, Anshal, Nezir melee, Ravenous Creeper health/damage,  Ravenous Creeper toxic spores damage, Hurricane damage, Sleet Storm  damage , Permafrost damage , Slicing Gale, and Wind Blast damage have  all been reduced by 20%.
    [*]Wind Chill damage decreased by 20%and now increases damage taken by 5% per stack.
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#fff3a5]Classes: General[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [LIST]
    [*]Dodge:  Death Knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to  their chance to dodge from Agility.  Their base chance to dodge is now a  fixed 5%.
    [*]Parry: Death Knights, paladins, and warriors now receive 27% of  their Strength bonuses as parry rating, up from 25%.  This conversion  still only applies to Strength above and beyond their base Strength.
    [/LIST]

[IMG]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/icons/images.gif[/IMG] [B][COLOR=#69ccf0]Mage[/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/272-Mage"][COLOR=orange]Forums[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.wowtal.com/#k=..mage"][COLOR=orange]Talent Calculator[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1669-Mage-Cataclysm"][COLOR=orange]Skills/Talents[/COLOR][/URL])
    [LIST]
    [*]Pyroblast:  The version of this spell cast when Hot Streak is not active did  slightly less damage than the Hot Streak version.  Its damage has been  increased so that both versions of Pyroblast now do the same amount of  damage.
    [*]Spellsteal mana cost has been increased 100%.
    [/LIST]

[B]Fire[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Impact: When Living Bomb is spread via this talent,  it will only be spread to two additional targets.  The net effect is  that if the Mage’s most recent Living Bomb target is the same as their  Impact target, that target will no longer lose the Living Bomb effect.   If Living Bomb is active on multiple targets when the Impact effect is  cast, Living Bomb will remain active on the most recent Living Bomb  target, and will be added to two other nearby targets.
    [/LIST]

[B]Frost[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will now cause diminishing returns for each other.
    [*]Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.
    [*]Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.
    [/LIST]

[IMG]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/icons/ipaladins.gif[/IMG] [B][COLOR=#f58cba]Paladin[/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/273-Paladin"][COLOR=orange]Forums[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.wowtal.com/#k=..paladin"][COLOR=orange]Talent Calculator[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1670-Paladin-Cataclysm"][COLOR=orange]Skills/Talents[/COLOR][/URL])
    [LIST]
    [*]Seal  of Righteousness – now can be proc’d by any melee ability, not just  single target melee abilities. This adds Hammer of the Righteous (the  physical component) and Divine Storm to the list of abilities that can  proc it. In addition, Seal of Righteousness procs can now crit.
    [/LIST]

[B]Holy[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Walk in the Light now improves Word of Glory healing by 30% in addition to its current effects.
    [/LIST]

[B]Protection[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Guardian of Ancient Kings now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality.
    [/LIST]

[B]Retribution[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Seals of Command: This talent now makes Seal  of Righteousness hit an unlimited number of melee targets, instead of  only 2 additional targets.
    [/LIST]

[B]Glyphs[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Glyph of Seal of Truth: The expertise bonus granted by this glyph now also works when Seal of Righteousness is active.
    [/LIST]

[IMG]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/icons/ipriests.gif[/IMG] [B][COLOR=#ffffff]Priest[/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/274-Priest"][COLOR=orange]Forums[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.wowtal.com/#k=..priest"][COLOR=orange]Talent Calculator[/COLOR][/URL] / [URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1123-Priest-Cataclysm"][COLOR=orange]Skills/Talents[/COLOR][/URL])
    [LIST]
    [*]Shadowfiend now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality.
    [/LIST]

[B]Shadow[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Sin and Punishment’s Vampiric Touch backlash Fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
    [/LIST]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#fff3a5]Items[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [B]Tier 11 Set Bonuses[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Restoration druid Tier 11 2-Piece:  This set bonus has been redesigned to work with the new Restoration  druid mastery.  Druids with this bonus now receive the bonus to Spirit  while the Harmony mastery bonus to periodic healing is active.
    [/LIST]

[B]Tier 12 Set Bonuses[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Hunter 4P: The effect which makes Shots cost no focus now also makes Kill Command cost no focus.
    [*]Mage 2P: This set bonus can now also be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.
    [*]Mage 4P: The portion of this bonus referring to Arcane Missiles have  been removed.  Instead, the set bonus now makes Arcane Power reduce the  cost of Mage spells by 10% instead of increasing their cost.
    [/LIST]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#fff3a5]PvP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [B]Arenas[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]The Ring of Valor has been added to the Arena rotation once again.
    [/LIST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Good move imo.

When firelands launches everyone will drop 4.1 content.

There is no point continuing since realisticly, Firelands normal gear is superior to the Heroic gear of old.

So in fairness my guild are moving straight into Firelands on release, and now we can, on offtime go back to old content and go through to clear and get gear, and gear up alts easier, to tackle Firelands.

Absolute no problems with it from me here, I'm happy about it, it might actuall make gearing alts a little easier as pug runs should have a smoother time in there.

To re-iterate, new content is out, there is no point in bursting through old content when new stuff is afoot.

And lets not forget 4.2 isnt ocming out for a good few weeks yet so still plenty of time :)

But yeah, more I read it more I'm thrilled bout it, means I can really get back into playing my alts, and our guild activity on off nights will probably rise running these old dungeons

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It's par for the course when new content comes out to open it up for others. Normal Firelands gear = heroic gear from the previous tier. I can't forsee a ToC situation where you had guilds doing trinket runs weekly when they were well into ICC heroic. From what I can see the loot list is decent enough and there should be an upgrade for every slot. The change means that guilds who didn't experience heroic content this tier can progress and gear in normal Firelands and have the option of a spare raid day where they can go back and down some heroic bosses.

It's good for all guilds though in that recruitment becomes a bit easier, right now it's difficult to recruit someone unless their gear and experience matches that of your guild. It obviously has some nice alt / reroll potential for people as well which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I don't like the path they're taking.

Content at the start of Cataclysm was fantastic, raiding was a real challenge again but not over the top difficult, but it seems to me that Blizzard are once again heading down the Wrath of the Lich King raiding mentality.

With 4.2, virtually all players will be given access to a higher level of gear, so they can easily be geared and even over-geared for many of the current encounters in game.

4.2, we get one more raid, with a measly 7 bosses. So we're once again back to the 1 raid tier per patch, despite the promise from Blizzard to not do this anymore, because they admitted it was a terrible terrible design plan.

PvP changes for 4.2 are severely lacking so far, bizarre changes across the board.

4.1 was, let's not beat around the bush here, probably the worst major content patch that has ever been released.
    All it gave was a re-hashed Zul'Aman, of which they changed virtually nothing, and a remade Zul'Gurub.
    Neither of these dungeons was a real challenge, there was a slight learning curve involved in ZG, but that was it.

I would love to see a return to the TBC raiding mentality, whilst keeping the Normal/Heroic modes (and possibly a middle difficulty for those guilds which are capabe of beating Normal modes, but not all Heroic modes).
    By this I mean multiple Raids per tier eg Kara/Gruul/Magtheridon for T4 and so on.

I will admit to growing quite bored of WoW, most of my time these days is spent afk'ing in Durotar and doing some Achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

As a player in a non-raiding guild, who relies on PUGs for seeing content, I welcome this with open arms - PUGs are dead since Cata launch, and this might start a few again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sonics2k wrote: »

I will admit to growing quite bored of WoW, most of my time these days is spent afk'ing in Durotar and doing some Achievements.

I'm similar outside of raid times.

Although I can pinpoint the reason why.

The Release tier of content requires alot of organisation, focus and lets face it, a decent level of raiding skill.

Pug raiding is where I filled most of my time outside of guild matters in Wotlk gearing alts.

At present this hasn't happened because simply put there are no skilled pugs about. Through Wotlk there was pug leaders who would run groups that got content done, those pug leaders have since joined guilds and arnt running their own pugs.

The nerf to 4.0 raid content will allow pugs an easier time in what is, difficult raid content if your not raiding in a guild.

So fingers crossed it will provide me time in 4.2 to get my alts geared.

Lets not forget you also get a sick mount for finishing the new daily quest hub, which I'll be doing ASAP on my druid, the flaming hippogryph looks awesome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement