Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casey Family (Wrestlers) ?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi ,
    I am currently doing a family tree for my kids .So far i have gone back to my great grandmother on one of the sides whos name was mary casey who i know for certain was one of the casey family ,now i think she would of been to old to have been an immediate relative as she was born in 1876 and the wrestlers i.e steve, jim were born in early 1900s .I would be very greatfull if anyone outhere can help me make the connection with my great grandmother to the casey family ,im guessing she was an aunt or something ?

Thanks

Mervyn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

i work with a mary casey

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mervyn2233

loueuro2 wrote: »
    i work with a mary casey

I wonder is she related to the Casey wrestlers from the early 1900 who were originally from the sneem area in Kerry ? would be gratefull if you could find out please ?
    Thanks

Mervyn

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

I too know many Caseys and I'm pretty sure one of them has to be related to them Caseys you speak of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

TG4 did a documentary on the Casey's of Sneem, Batt Burns was in it and knew a lot about them. They rowed in the Olympics as well I think.

If anyone does know any of the caseys could they find out for me if any of steve caseys family i.e Aunt ,great aunt ,grandmother or even cousin called mary casey who was born in 1876 as she was my great grandmother but not quiet sure what the connection to the wrestlers/rowers was as all i know is she was a family member .If it helps mary casey was born to daniel casey in place called dirreen co kerry ,she went on to marry my grandfather John fitzgerald ,sorry to bombard anyone with this info but desperately trying to complete or further my family tree and would be eternly greatfull if anyone can help ?

Rgds

Mervyn

• Advertisement

No1J wrote: »
    TG4 did a documentary on the Casey's of Sneem, Batt Burns was in it and knew a lot about them. They rowed in the Olympics as well I think.

I must try contact barr burns to get more info on them ,appreciate that .

Rgds

Mervyn

Jul3s wrote: »
    I too know many Caseys and I'm pretty sure one of them has to be related to them Caseys you speak of.

That would be great if you could find out any of the info i listed abover ,

Thanks again

rgds

Mervyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 truck show

hey,

my great grandmother was margaret hogan (married name)(maiden name casey), who had 4 children cathleen hogan micheal hogan and eileen casey with who was sent to a covent in kilkenny. im trying to do a family tree to but i cant seem to find anything

Does anyone know who Steve Caseys the wrestler grandparents were ? doesanyone even know Steves mothers full maiden name ? i know she was called. Bridget . ? Any help would be great ?

Rgds

Mervyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

mervyn2233 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who Steve Caseys the wrestler grandparents were ? doesanyone even know Steves mothers full maiden name ? i know she was called. Bridget . ? Any help would be great ?

Rgds

Mervyn

Bridget O Suillivan Casey, if you go to WWW.Terracetalk.com there are plenty of pic's of Bridget, Steve and the family. Good one of Steve and Joe Louis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement