Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom WTF

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wth eircom two months now. I signed up for the 40euro all in broadband and phone. I was delighted to get broadband and the tech guys installed it- really happy with them.

However, this is my experience to date

I paid 57 euro in my first bill and I then had to pay another 100 euro because I did not go direct debit. In the mean time eircom switch me off as I had not paid the 100 euro within the time frame. So I had to wait five days to get reconnected.

I got the most recent bill yesterday, 97 euro with the breakdown as follows
    38.67 ex vat for my package so in around 47 euro - I am not even getting the six months offer
    20 euro charge for reconnection (after 1 month with them they had disconnected me i might add)
    20 euro for the broadband connection( I assumed connection was free but I know what people say, don't assume anything)

A few things I have noticed.
    Eircom don't give you the advertised promotional package.
    The package does not kick in for a two weeks(bundles), so as alot of people may think the bundles is not in place when the phone is in.
    I paid this stupid disposit but eircom do not provide a receipt so I have no proof I paid this. It is not on the bill

Now who does business this way. This is beyond a joke!!
    The whole connection termination/reconnection has pissed me off to no end.
    They have not even deducted the rental for the days the connection was terminated. I wonder can I clam this back

Now I am wondering, if they are doing this to me and I am just an ordinary joe soap, how many have they done this to. It reminds me of the Banks and the overcharging of interest.

Extremly pissed off User

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

I am wth eircom two months now. I signed up for the 40euro all in broadband and phone. I was delighted to get broadband and the tech guys installed it- really happy with them.

However, this is my experience to date

I paid 57 euro in my first bill and I then had to pay another 100 euro because I did not go direct debit. In the mean time eircom switch me off as I had not paid the 100 euro within the time frame. So I had to wait five days to get reconnected.

I got the most recent bill yesterday, 97 euro with the breakdown as follows
    38.67 ex vat for my package so in around 47 euro - I am not even getting the six months offer
    20 euro charge for reconnection (after 1 month with them they had disconnected me i might add)
    20 euro for the broadband connection( I assumed connection was free but I know what people say, don't assume anything)

A few things I have noticed.
    Eircom don't give you the advertised promotional package.
    The package does not kick in for a two weeks(bundles), so as alot of people may think the bundles is not in place when the phone is in.
    I paid this stupid disposit but eircom do not provide a receipt so I have no proof I paid this. It is not on the bill

Now who does business this way. This is beyond a joke!!
    The whole connection termination/reconnection has pissed me off to no end.
    They have not even deducted the rental for the days the connection was terminated. I wonder can I clam this back

Now I am wondering, if they are doing this to me and I am just an ordinary joe soap, how many have they done this to. It reminds me of the Banks and the overcharging of interest.

Extremly pissed off User

Hi Audioslaven
    Yes a deposit is charged if the customer opts not to set up a direct debit account and delay in payment of bill will result in temporary dis-connection of service, however there appears to be some confusion here to say the least. If you PM me your tel. no I can look into this for you and should be able to clarify this for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LisaLowlife

Hi Tony,
    Yes, I have to say I have only been with Eircom 2/3 weeks and I'm already very unhappy with the service. Unfortunately, because of the apartment I'm living in, I am unable to get any other broadband provider. So I signed up with Eircom, got a phone line and the works.

My internet is constantly disconnecting (every half hour or so) and because I'm using my xbox online, I'm getting kicked out of matches. It would be an understatement to say that it is wrecking my head. Also, I was told on the phone that I would have free landline calls on my phone and I'm getting charged for that as well.

I'm really not one to complain about something unless it's really bad, however I have already made one complaint to Eircom about their really poor customer services. (I work in a call centre myself so I know it's not the nicest place to be at 8am on a monday morning however I was spoken to very rudely and the reason I called was not logged and it delayed my installation by about 5/6 days)

Frustrating to say the least :mad: I would rather have no internet than eircom right now

Hi Tony,
    Yes, I have to say I have only been with Eircom 2/3 weeks and I'm already very unhappy with the service. Unfortunately, because of the apartment I'm living in, I am unable to get any other broadband provider. So I signed up with Eircom, got a phone line and the works.

My internet is constantly disconnecting (every half hour or so) and because I'm using my xbox online, I'm getting kicked out of matches. It would be an understatement to say that it is wrecking my head. Also, I was told on the phone that I would have free landline calls on my phone and I'm getting charged for that as well.

I'm really not one to complain about something unless it's really bad, however I have already made one complaint to Eircom about their really poor customer services. (I work in a call centre myself so I know it's not the nicest place to be at 8am on a monday morning however I was spoken to very rudely and the reason I called was not logged and it delayed my installation by about 5/6 days)

Frustrating to say the least :mad: I would rather have no internet than eircom right now

Hi LisaLowlife
    I am sorry to hear this. If you PM me your tel. no I can have this tested for you and hope to be able to improve service here.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Technical Support is a Joke IMO. I'm sure some customers that are very happy with them , but the general attitude when I rang them up was they didn't care.

RxQueen wrote: »
    Technical Support is a Joke IMO. I'm sure some customers that are very happy with them , but the general attitude when I rang them up was they didn't care.

Hi RxQueen
    again sorry to hear that you did not get the support you requested.. Is there anything I can help you with? If so just PM me your tel. no or if account issue your account no. and I will investigate for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Could you supply some info and where this bill stands. I need to pay it before you cut me off again as I think it says june 2.

Where is my receipt of my deposit?
    Have you seen the reconnection charge on the bill, do I need to pay this as you seem to think there is no reconnection charge?
    When is the correct package charge been applied?
    How do you intend to charge back for the over charging?
    Will you deduct the charges for non delivery of the days you cut off my service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Tony,

The discount of 40 euro for the first six months was not applied. You said it would. Whats the story? This is dating back to May 2011

You are not replying to IM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Tony,

The discount of 40 euro for the first six months was not applied. You said it would. Whats the story? This is dating back to May 2011

Hi Audioslaven,

Thank you for your post.

I will look into your query and advise shortly.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Tony,

Hi Audioslaven,

Apologies for the delay. I'm waiting for an update on you account and will DM you with details of your Billing tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    Ant

Advertisement