Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bathroom suppl bonding

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

hey can someone enlighten me

bathroom with copper pipework already main bonded elsewhere

should the supplementary bond be connected to a protective conductor anyway

if there is no exposed metal -class 1 appliances

page 167 in rules

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I was of the belief that once all the pipes in the bathroom are cross bonded, thats all thats needed. Where metal appliances are present, then the pipes would have to be bonded to earth, to be in effect bonded to the appliance casing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if there's class1 appliances and extraneous metalwork
    -you link the metalwork and cpc's or casing of the appliances

i'm trying to figure where there's only copper(already main bonded) if the supplementary bond needs to be earthed locally

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peter Sweeney

The bond whatever metal pipes it connects to should go back to the main panel and then onto the exterior earth rod, just because you see bond wired doesn't mean that they will connect to the main earth rod

I dont believe it does need it myself, as in the situation where its needed, all pipework once crossbonded in the bathroom will mean all exposed metal will be at equal potential. But if there are any doubts then you could just connect the cpc.

The bond whatever metal pipes it connects to should go back to the main panel and then onto the exterior earth rod, just because you see bond wired doesn't mean that they will connect to the main earth rod

The earth rod has little to do with this. Cross bonding of everything in an installation is to do with the installation being neutralized.

• Advertisement
Advertisement