Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC student broadband question

• 25-05-2011 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

At the moment I am with UPC student broadband and am getting the summer for free. What I would like to know as I cant seem to remember is will all the summer's I am in college be free? I have to admit I am enjoying the free internet and would like it again next summer :P

Also they still charge the 3 euro non DD charge even while im getting free BB? I got a bill for 2.99. How can they charge this when the only charge is the non DD charge. I am guessing it is an error and will have them fix it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nope, I'm pretty sure you'd have to cancel the subscription and re-order in a different name to avail of a free summer again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Limericks wrote: »
    Hey there,

At the moment I am with UPC student broadband and am getting the summer for free. What I would like to know as I cant seem to remember is will all the summer's I am in college be free? I have to admit I am enjoying the free internet and would like it again next summer :P

Also they still charge the 3 euro non DD charge even while im getting free BB? I got a bill for 2.99. How can they charge this when the only charge is the non DD charge. I am guessing it is an error and will have them fix it.
    That's a very interesting case. They can't bill you for the privilege of not using direct debit when you owe them nothing...

If UPC make a fuss, give a call to IPSO (http://www.ipso.ie/) and perhaps ComReg as they do oversee general customer charter issues for companies with a telecoms license.

Advertisement