Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro D'Italia Stage 17: Feltre - Tirano 230km

• 25-05-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Bertie destroyed the field in yesterdays time trial on his Sram Apex equipped bike.

Any predictions for todays stage? Breakaways perhaps? Will Deignan try to get involved in a breakaway?

stage_17_map_600.jpg

stage_17_profile_600.jpg

stage_17_profile_lastkms_600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Mmmmm...........is there enough of a descent today to help Nibali take some time back,or at least gain on Scarponi ??!!

Surely, Mr. *Super Human* Contador has to have an off day, suuuurely :o

It's just not possible to keep up that form and recovery every day :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Bertie destroyed the field in yesterdays time trial on his Sram Apex equipped bike.

Hey, thats interesting......
    "A SRAM Red rear derailleur can’t handle that range so the riders all swapped to a mid-cage Apex option at the back. That’s 63 quid’s worth of rear mech instead of the usual £300 one. It’s only about 40g heavier."

There's hope for all of us on basic kit, so...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭not sane

An old wise cyclist once said "its all about the legs not the bike" in fairness another old wise cyclist once said if you had a decent frame, a good set of wheels and decent chainset that should be the priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

A day for a breack away to stay out maybe, Id say sky will be lookin to do something today Eusketl looking for a trebele ? hope agr2 keep up their brillant form,and gadret holds his place, good moral for TDf if Roche gets picked,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

tippx wrote: »
    good moral for TDf if Roche gets picked,
    His form ain't that bad. Though I suspect his number may not end with a 1 the way Gadret is riding.

A pretty good team with the addition of Roche, Kadri and Riblon. Nico could be back on sprints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

GetWithIt wrote: »
    His form ain't that bad. Though I suspect his number may not end with a 1 the way Gadret is riding.

A pretty good team with the addition of Roche, Kadri and Riblon. Nico could be back on sprints.

What will roche do in the TDF when Gadret is the GC man and looks for assistance for a mechanical problem???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    What will roche do in the TDF when Gadret is the GC man and looks for assistance for a mechanical problem???!!!

flip-the-bird-thumb8408179.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I wouldn't be at all sure that Gadret will be fit for the Tour yet alone leading the team - this Giro is going to take a lot out of him and he's not the kind of rider who's likely to be competitive in consecutive GTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

http://embed.zonein.tv/plkgftdhgfhydfyhayer.php?id=443492&w=900&h=675 do you guys post links? I've been following it this year, and have to use laptop if can't make it home. Obviously, mods, I understand if you cut out streaming links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I don't get it! What the heck were Liquigas doing pushing on the whole race only to have Nibali just to sit there on the descent doing nothing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That was a bizarre finish. Visconti definitely didn't deserve to win, even if he was kind of being nudged into the barrier. A right call by the officials imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Visconti was lucky to hold third place.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

happytramp wrote: »
    I don't get it! What the heck were Liquigas doing pushing on the whole race only to have Nibali just to sit there on the descent doing nothing???
    Praying for rain!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Hermy wrote: »
    Visconti was lucky to hold third place.

Yeah, surprised he wasn't DQ. He had two goes at pushing Ulissi too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

According to Harmon's translation, Visconti claimed in the post-race interview that he kept his hands on the bars during the sprint. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    According to Harmon's translation, Visconti claimed in the post-race interview that he kept his hands on the bars during the sprint. :D

i beg to differ ( and thats only the first one) !

160542.png

Advertisement