Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attn: Anyone whos bikes gone missing in the last week or so

• 25-05-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

My bike was taken by the cops on Monday, not sure when. I'd locked it in the city centre, at a bicycle rack, no where near barriers or any signs.

Three cops watched me lock it up and never said anything, in fact I had to walk past them to get to where I was going.

I got it back from Bridewell Station, but I believe bikes were also going to Pearse St, Store St. and possibly Kevin Street.

I'm posting this in case anyone elses bikes missing. There was no notice left etc. So I didnt know if it had been stolen or removed by the Gardai.

I had to buy a new lock and have been told by the bike shop to send a letter to the Super Intendant of the Station and by the Garda I dealt with that it's my loss.

Any chance the mods can make this a sticky? I don't particularily want to discuss it, mostly posting in case anyone else is in the same position and thinks some gurrier took it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Should also be said that now that the bike racks are been put back - the bikes left on the ranks are going back as well in some cases - as the locks where not cut just hole rack taken away
    - this info comes from other posts on boards.

Advertisement