Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google-powered Connect Mail is here!

Options
  • 25-05-2011 11:34am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It looks different - apart from the extra storage etc. I'm not sure what we can do now that we couldn't before.

Interestingly it wouldn't let me log into my ucdconnect email until I logged out of my gmail, and my Chrome Gmail checker now checks my ucdconnect email!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Chrome incognito may be the answer to multiple gmail-ing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There is a multiple sign-on option available if you go to your Account page when signed in. (Select your name at the top right, then Account Settings). I enabled it on both Google accounts, and now I have two browser windows with my Gmail account and my UCD Connect account.

However, I already have my primary Gmail account set up for remote access via my phone, so I want all my mail in that one place first. So I've just set up Forwarding on the UCD Connect account, which means that I don't have to log in to UCD Connect just to get my mail.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

If you want your original Gmail account to be the default, start the multiple account sign in from there. Once the Gmail account is set as default, you notifier or Chrome Mail Checker should behave as normal. I did it wrong the first time, but managed to revert back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I can't access it via http://www.gmail.com :(

I can't access it via http://www.gmail.com :(
    No, because it's still authenticating you against UCD's systems. UCD hasn't gone and handed over your UCD password to Google, so you can't log in to Gmail directly.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I was born using imap.ucd.ie and I'll die using imap.ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Yes, I got an email forwarded to my personal gmail about this today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

its after making a balls of everything. what was wrong with the way it was. tis after shaggin up me youtube and everything. i dont like change.

kkdela6 wrote: »
    shaggin up me youtube and everything ...
    ooh, that's gotta hurt! :eek:

I bet YouTube just looks different because you accessed it while signed on to the UCD account. Have you enabled multiple sign-on, as Zynks and I discussed? Do that, then sign on to YouTube again with your usual Google account.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Anyone know if you can set up ucd mail with apple mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Never mind. Sorted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone know if you can set up ucd mail with apple mail?
    Of course. That's how I've always used it. Now that's its Google powered you need to setup a password for your Google account (tell it to use the same one), then turn on IMAP and follow Google's own instructions.

Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
    Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

etc.

For the username enter your whole email address, i.e. my.name[at]ucdconnect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Of course. That's how I've always used it. Now that's its Google powered you need to setup a password for your Google account (tell it to use the same one), then turn on IMAP and follow Google's own instructions.

Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
    Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

etc.

For the username enter your whole email address, i.e. my.name[at]ucdconnect.ie
    For some strage reason Google kept rejecting the password for me when set up this way. Changing it to use a separate password seems to have worked.

Before you ask, yes I have gone through the whole procedure of Connect->Calendar->Google Account, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

OSI wrote: »
    Really? It was utterly appalling. In every respect.

tis even worse now. tis like throwin sh1te in a blender

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

i dislike it very much, lots of deleted emails are now in my inbox so i have to go through them all again!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Three different looks today - ugly in UCD connect on computer in UCD, a bit better view on my laptop through UCD connect. And the best way is through old imap.ucd.ie which is the usual look the email has. This inconsistency in visuals is highly annoying.
    And why on earth are my read emails are highlighted in bold?!:mad:

Advertisement