Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Radio Is The Worst !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Jonny Harris

Hi Lord Sutch,
    I should have listened to you. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Hi Lord Sutch,
    I should have listened to you. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

feck sake jonny, some of us like some parts of irish radio, and dislike other parts. however, we went and set up wifi in our houses and at work so we could broaden our horizons since we know that there's a limit to what we can get here.
    if i want to listen to samba music at work, i know where to tune to, and it's not going to be an irish station. get yourself a wifi radio and work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I would *love* to see some UK TV host be as briskly rude about one of our public figures. It would certainly dent our air of impregnable self-congratulation.
    Ah no, there are PLENTY of Irish people who feel compelled to constantly go on about how sh1t "we" are. :)
    jaydeep wrote: »
    Your old
    You're an annoying kid. See? Ageism's fun!
    How dare you suggest "Irish radio is the worst "
    How "dare" he? It is his opinion - I didn't think it was "daring" to express an opinion.
    LordSutch wrote: »
    Told you Jonny, they love it just the way it is :)
    Who's "they"? Jeez your posts are smug.

I think Irish radio is, in general, extremely poor too. There are a number of good aspects though, but yeah, it's frustrating being in the car after 9 (I start work at 9.30) and absolutely NOTHING to listen to - just jabbering. I agree there is too much talk, too much sport, and too much sh1t music.

feck sake jonny, some of us like some parts of irish radio, and dislike other parts. however, we went and set up wifi in our houses and at work so we could broaden our horizons since we know that there's a limit to what we can get here.
    if i want to listen to samba music at work, i know where to tune to, and it's not going to be an irish station. get yourself a wifi radio and work it out.
    Right for the last time; when I am in the car or walking the dogs (9 k a day)after my ipod broke and no money for a new one I have been forced to listen to the radio on a walkman size FM radio or car radio. How would you suggest I get wifi/internet out and about in wildest Wexford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

It works outdoors these day johnny. Try a modern phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

i102-104 here in the west.. couldnt beat it ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Wheelie King

Yes the standard is pretty pathetic alright. Radio Nova was good when it srarted back up again but seems to be over run now with add breaks and i've noticed some of the music they now play is a akin to 4fm.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

I've discovered Strict Tempo Dance Music on my Wifi radio (http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/strict-tempo-dance-music).

It's such a relief to hear cheesy music re-done and not have to listen to Marian Finucane this morning - it's kepe me bobbing about as I have been doing the domestic chorse! No ad breaks, no irritating DJ's or presenters, just non stop music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Right for the last time; when I am in the car or walking the dogs (9 k a day)after my ipod broke and no money for a new one I have been forced to listen to the radio on a walkman size FM radio or car radio. How would you suggest I get wifi/internet out and about in wildest Wexford?

unfortunately in that case, the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" applies. it's like complaining about the lack of a decent tv channel when the tv you have is broken and is stuck on one channel, and you won't stump up for a new one.

• Advertisement

Yeah How dare I expect a terrestrial radio service that caters for all tastes!
    What a crazy dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

Yeah How dare I expect a terrestrial radio service that caters for all tastes!
    What a crazy dream

If you say you expect it, and also say that it's a dream, implying you don't get it, is your plan just to take no further action, to continue to keep expecting something you can't get, and keep complaining about it when you don't get it?

There are solutions to the problem you say you have, yet you choose to ignore them and prefer instead, it seems, to keep complaining. How very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭bossdrum

easychair wrote: »
    If you say you expect it, and also say that it's a dream, implying you don't get it, is your plan just to take no further action, to continue to keep expecting something you can't get, and keep complaining about it when you don't get it?

There are solutions to the problem you say you have, yet you choose to ignore them and prefer instead, it seems, to keep complaining. How very odd.

Believe it or not but it's difficult enough to get coverage for voice calls let alone radio in some parts of Ireland.

Radio quality should be judged on what's most commonly available & not what you have to pay extra to get.

I haven't heard radio in every part of the world but judging from my internet radio, Irish stations must be amongst the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yahew wrote: »
    It works outdoors these day johnny. Try a modern phone.

Yahew, DAB is not available in the South East and won't be for who knows how long as RTE have stopped spending money on it and wifi as a radio receiver isn't on either. Sounds like someone lives in central Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

easychair wrote: »

I'll give you a perfect example of what many were expecting at the birth of Newstalk, we expected an Irish version of BBC Radio 5, that's what was mooted at the time, 24/7 News/Sport, that's what I expected, and that's what we needed > but sadly that's not what we got :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Liveline today was easily the absolute worst radio show on the planet whilst being aired, so you're at least right for the 31/5/2011, 13:45-15:00 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I think 96FM and 103FM are the worst stations in the country...and that's some feat like!

Hi Easychair
    What exactly do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

DAB? he needs an iPhone or android device and an Edge connection, and a radio app.

Advertisement