Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good camera/price

• 25-05-2011 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/camcorders/HMX-S15BN/XAA

It's available for €500, for today only.

Google gives very little in terms of reviews or user opinions, which would be a worry.

I didn't want to spend that much but might do if this is plenty of camera for the money.

It would be used in a theatre so low light would be an issue.

Anyone know this camera or give me your thoughts based on the specs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

You might want to be a bit more specific about what you want to do with it as one persons definition of "good" can vary a lot from the next. If it were the camera built into a phone then it would be excellent. If I was trying to shoot a feature movie with it then it would be useless. It does seem quite reasonable for the spec, and the footage Ive seen of it seems fine for normal camcorder use (family holidays etc) but I wouldnt expect to do much more then that with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the reply. I need something for amateur theatrical and musical performances that will be published to the groups website. My main concern is something that looks good in low light. Would also be recording players practising (in good light).

Too late now, though, it was on ibood and is gone!

Advertisement