Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home broadband?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey my parents are getting broadband into their place and Vodafone were first of the mark. Now they have no clue as regards the internet etc and they have 7 days to cancel. I would have recommended UPC for them initially.

I am just looking for reviews on the vodafone service? They intend on getting broadband and a house phone. I know the mobile broadband is useless having used it before but I do not know much about their home broadband. Is it reliable? Speed up to scratch? Customer service?

Any information is welcome as I don't want them signing up to a dud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Basically with Vodafone they won't get what they're paying for.....speed is not reliable and they'll rarely get even half the advertised speed, now that's from my own personal experience and many others if you read their messagboard...... if UPC is available cancel and go with them in my humble opinion

here's their messageboard http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270 ...many problems

• Registered Users Posts: 12 APRS9

I agree with this - Unless you live in a Telephone exchange , you may not have speeds as 'ads' say. Don't put your folks through the hassle.
    Vodafone took over BT customers and quailty of service was never the same Read some of the threads. My heart is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭badabing106

We have had to contact the vodafone forum literarily over 100 times to chase them up about our constant broadband issues. Time and time again .

We have had approx 3- 4 months of no internet or non usable internet service with Vodafone .When the internet was not down , we had to deal with random weeks of internet disconnecting every 5 -15 minutes, or else speeds of lest than .0.1mb which is unusable internet,( I have dozens of speedtest showing my speeds in different days,weeks months at differnt times throughout the day) I have had to contact them constantly about these speeds to "fix" them"

Avoid Vodafone @ home broadband like the plague!!!:(

Some examples of our speeds that we have had to endure

1071032380.png1240855194.png

1294891746.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056023611

Bear in mind, most people will only say something if they're unhappy with the service. If it worked fine, then why would they bother posting? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭badabing106

roast wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056023611

Bear in mind, most people will only say something if they're unhappy with the service. If it worked fine, then why would they bother posting? ;)

Correct, and I could be working for UPC for all anyone knows .But ,I think the op wanted other peoples opinion on this forum, If you want to post a positve opinion, go ahead ! I could be the only disgruntled Vodafone customer in the world and they could be by far the best broadband provider out there .*bites tongue*

Obviously for a better guage of whether a broadband provider is good or bad, you might have to do a couple of hours browsing the internet for a more extensive rounded and fuller picture .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I got vodafone at home about 10 months ago on the 8Mb package. It was a rocky start with bad speeds and disconnections, customer service was pretty bad but once I talked to Paul n Darren, the vodafone reps on boards, they got everything sorted and since then I've had 9 months of full 8Mb broadband with just 1 outage which was last week. The way I see it is, they're great if everything is working buy if anythin goes wrong it can be hassle to get it fixed, some of the reps seem to not have a clue and just try fob ya off :(

Overall I would get vodafone again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

i have it 2 years but its going next week d/l speed 516 that is the worst its ever beinng

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lordhaha

I have vodafone for over 2 years, great service up to 19 April, now I can not get a straight answer or a call back, .o2 mbs if I am lucky. terrible back up service and just keep getting fobbed off. I have tested all my equipment and handed to a friend who tested in his house with no problems. Relly p!ssed off with them leaving them shortly.

Advertisement